Hostage situation in Sydney

Can everyone calm down please? I understand what Bigga is saying. This guy is a lone wolf who is clearly a disturbed individual and Islam is his excuse.

The problem is that people associate his actions with the sort of stuff going on in Syria, Iraq, Nigeria & Pakistan and there is plenty of evidence that a minority of Muslims have organised themselves to encourage these sorts of actions and believe they are not only justified but required. And we presume that's what has given him the idea. Would he have done something like this if there were no militant Islamic groups? We don't know for sure but from the sounds of it he'd have probably killed someone sooner or later.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Can everyone calm down please? I understand what Bigga is saying. This guy is a lone wolf who is clearly a disturbed individual and Islam is his excuse.

The problem is that people associate his actions with the sort of stuff going on in Syria, Iraq, Nigeria & Pakistan and there is plenty of evidence that a minority of Muslims have organised themselves to encourage these sorts of actions and believe they are not only justified but required. And we presume that's what has given him the idea. Would he have done something like this if there were no militant Islamic groups? We don't know for sure but from the sounds of it he'd have probably killed someone sooner or later.

Thank you, PB.

I find myself starting to get frustrated with people who can't think clearly and I shouldn't cos they don't want to.

I will apologise to the board for that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.