House Buying / Selling Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Gaudion M, 8 Jun 2016.

1. Millwallawayveteran1988

Millwallawayveteran1988

rules on cgt on.rented property

Have a Google of this. It should give you an idea. Some good sites on this.

You also have an allowance of £11,100 for cgt and if married you can use two.

2. Millwallawayveteran1988

Millwallawayveteran1988

Google - moving back into property you have previously owned cgt

The first response is from optimise accountants and covers some of this.

I can't seem to copy and paste currently.

If in doubt pay a tax company/accountant. They don't charge much for this and can save you loads. I use them for my clients sometimes and they always save money for people.

3. Gaudion M

Gaudion M

We sold our house last May. We had offers within a week and sold it for just over asking - after weeding out a few. I was very surprised how quick it went.

4. Mr Wendal

Mr Wendal

Cheers mate, I think I qualify for relief as I have 'job related accommodation ' but I'll take your advice re acct.

5. Machiavelli

Machiavelli

I’ve got an estate agent coming to take photos tomorrow afternoon, mine should be on the market no later than Wednesday. I’ve just finished decorating throughout so we’re expecting a relatively quick sale. I’m going to have a look at a few to potentially buy next week.

6. Thenumber1blue

Thenumber1blue

Find out how long they've been on the market , more chance of them accepting a lower bid. I normally knock off what needs spending, up to them to accept or decline .

7. jacko74

jacko74

I think that only applies to the genuine and motivated vendors ... the houses with the really greedy/deluded/unmotivated vendors will sit on the market for years and, if anything, they get more stubborn, intransigent and unwilling to consider offers the longer it's been on the market

8. peoffrey

peoffrey

Which will put it down to less than £50,000.

I had a wander up there last night. Two pubs near and it’s a stone’s throw from a major road. Just having a walk around saw house after house after house up for sale. I should get somewhere.

It’s vacant and chain free so instinct says it’s a repossessed jobby and owned by a company. I nearly bought one in Middleton but had a change of heart.

My aim is to reduce my work hours and return to studies. There’s no nagging Mrs to appease so it’s all about me. I can always rent it out things change. Pure profit.

9. denislawsbackheel

denislawsbackheel

You can’t ever get it back to zero, unless it is below your CGT Allowance.

This site helps work out exactly what you owe

https://www.gov.uk/tax-sell-property/work-out-your-gain

Last edited: 8 Jan 2018
  10. Machiavelli

Machiavelli

If I’m looking to buy a house, how much can you realistically get off the price percent wise?