House Buying / Selling Thread

Our preferred school got an outstanding OFSTED report, whereas the alternative was rated inadequate.
How long until they go, if it's a few years off surely that school will have to sort itself out by then, so maybe the alternative won't be so bad by then.

torch the school and brick their windows..............all the kids can then go to the lovely school.

Like the ones we went to in Gorton.

Our preferred school got an outstanding OFSTED report, whereas the alternative was rated inadequate.
The inadequate one have probably had a new head teacher since then and will be having money thrown at it to help it to improve.

FIL sold his house in two days, its in a popular town in Kent though. As for OFSTED reports, you might want to look at the school results aswell to get the overall picture.
I look at 5 A-C's percentage and rate of improvement. All the stats are on the Govt website.

@Ric - Ring the school and ask for stats on the catchment area (say last 5 years) and projected ones (if your kids are going in the future). Depending on the number of kids it varies every year. If you do move into the catchment area you'll never have a problem selling. You'll have to downsize and live in a smaller house?

I've moved 3 times for schools, I'm used to it. I'd rather they have a good education rather than a bigger house and a crap school.

My 2 cents.

Our dilemma at the moment is that we love our current house, but we're not guaranteed to get our kids into the secondary school we want (even though we're in the catchment area, as it's oversubscribed). Houses closer to the school are far more expensive, so we'd have to downsize but still at a considerable cost. Really difficult to decide what to do for the best, as the kids' education is obviously hugely important but at what cost?
Use the cash you save by not moving and look at a private school ,win win

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.