House hunting in Manchester and around..

foxy said:
cockneycarparkm32 said:
For that type of money I would look at East Didsbury around the Parrs Wood Road area (200-250k^) , Stretford beyond Chester Rd as the houses near Edge Lane are priced around the (250k ^). Merseybank near Chorlton water park has some nice semi detached houses if you can get one that needs work 5 min walk to beech rd chorlton . Sale moor and sale west are okay , Altrincham is overpriced as is Urmston and Didsbury .

depends what characteristics you want in your home , when looking see past the decorations; and always drive around the whole estate morning ,noon ,and evening . A mate of mine was just about to sign papers on a house a few years ago , came to mine to bring me over to look at it . Nice house ,good price but he knew nothing of the crappy estate two streets away . It would put shameless to shame . I worked on the estate a few years earlier and he remembered the tales I told him. Happy hunting

I remember about 15 years my dad's mate buying a house in Parrs Wood for £90k. How times have changed!

I live close to Parrswood , and i love it here ..... two wetherspoons within walking distance , as is my local , the Parrswood hotel ... numerous supermarkets and shops , rail links , brand new metro station , the Parrswood entertainment centre itself , Didsbury on my doorstep , as is Heaton Mersey .... loads of buses ... it's brilliant.

Cheadle's not a million miles away , and i visit it quite often ..... as i was only last Saturday.

If i won the lottery i'd have absolutely no wish to move from the East Didsbury area .....

There is a a lovely housing estate that runs between Parrswood Road and Didsbury Park (in the Barlow High Schoo/Ruabon Road vicinity) ...... that's one of the few places i would move to ..... however i'd say prices there range from around £250,000 mark upwards.

black mamba said:
foxy said:
cockneycarparkm32 said:
For that type of money I would look at East Didsbury around the Parrs Wood Road area (200-250k^) , Stretford beyond Chester Rd as the houses near Edge Lane are priced around the (250k ^). Merseybank near Chorlton water park has some nice semi detached houses if you can get one that needs work 5 min walk to beech rd chorlton . Sale moor and sale west are okay , Altrincham is overpriced as is Urmston and Didsbury .

depends what characteristics you want in your home , when looking see past the decorations; and always drive around the whole estate morning ,noon ,and evening . A mate of mine was just about to sign papers on a house a few years ago , came to mine to bring me over to look at it . Nice house ,good price but he knew nothing of the crappy estate two streets away . It would put shameless to shame . I worked on the estate a few years earlier and he remembered the tales I told him. Happy hunting

I remember about 15 years my dad's mate buying a house in Parrs Wood for £90k. How times have changed!

I live close to Parrswood , and i love it here ..... two wetherspoons within walking distance , as is my local , the Parrswood hotel ... numerous supermarkets and shops , rail links , brand new metro station , the Parrswood entertainment centre itself , Didsbury on my doorstep , as is Heaton Mersey .... loads of buses ... it's brilliant.

Cheadle's not a million miles away , and i visit it quite often .....

If i won the lottery i'd have no wish to move from the East Didsbury area .....

There is a a lovely housing estate that runs between Parrswood Road and Didsbury Park (in the Barlow High Schoo/Ruabon Road vicinity) ...... that's one of the few places i would move to ..... however i'd say prices there range from around £250,000 mark upwards.

Some of the school kids are right fuckers though, parrswood between 3 and 4 avoid like the plague, rest of the time nice though

hilts said:
black mamba said:
foxy said:

Cheadle's not a million miles away , and i visit it quite often .....

If i won the lottery i'd have no wish to move from the East Didsbury area .....

Some of the school kids are right fuckers though, parrswood between 3 and 4 avoid like the plague, rest of the time nice though

Yeah , some of them can be a bit 'lively' when they loiter around the place in groups , but Parrs Wood High School is the largest in Manchester , and one of the biggest in England , so there's more kids there than you would find at most schools ...... and you are always gonna get a few that like to make more noise than others.

Have to say though that Barlow RC High school is within' walking distance of the Parrs Wood school and personally i've never seen any animosity between the two sets of kids .... they appear to just 'live with each others presence' quite comfortably , without any real problem , and in some other areas of Manchester that's definitely not the case!

Thanks everyone for all the advice. We've certainly got plenty of ideas and areas to look at now. Much appreciated :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.