Housing market slowdown?

droylsdenblue said:
bornblueegg said:
droylsdenblue said:
mortgage survey approved and solicitor instructed to complete sale.......oddly enough we received the news by text...must be a sign of the times!

nice one mate, which lender you going with?

RBS Fixed 2 years 3.14%....is this ok?

Really wish i hadn't read that mate. Last June when i bought this house with my girlfriend we got a fixed rate for 2 years and it's something like 6.8%

droylsdenblue said:
bornblueegg said:
droylsdenblue said:
mortgage survey approved and solicitor instructed to complete sale.......oddly enough we received the news by text...must be a sign of the times!

nice one mate, which lender you going with?

RBS Fixed 2 years 3.14%....is this ok?

Its as good as it gets, see the post below yours!

Ask Bernarbia if in doubt

droylsdenblue said:
rbs is charging £8.95 per month for contents and building insurance combined!!!!!

Wow! Although I suppose new customers/risk makes sense. But fair play mate thats Good.

3.14% fixed for 2 years is a good deal, but not amazing. I'm getting a lot of my clients on 5 year fixed rates, makes them bullet proof when the madness happens with interest rates going through the roof.

£8.95 a month for buildings and contents????? That is stupidly low, I'd read the T&Cs tbh.

Find out what the rebuilding cost is?
Find out what the excess is?
Find out what your personal posessions cover is?
Find out if that includes accidental damage on both the buildings and the contents?

If it doesn't include any of that then it's not worth the paper it's written on

Benarbia said:
3.14% fixed for 2 years is a good deal, but not amazing. I'm getting a lot of my clients on 5 year fixed rates, makes them bullet proof when the madness happens with interest rates going through the roof.

What sort of rates are goin out on the 5 year fixes mate? Lot's of people don't think interest rates will shoot up for a long time yet

4.99% fixed for 5 years is a fab rate

rates will shoot up I think in 12 months or so

Benarbia said:
4.99% fixed for 5 years is a fab rate

rates will shoot up I think in 12 months or so

My current fixed rate runs out in June next year (Pretty sure it's around 6.8% at the moment) - Do you reckon i'll be able to get a better deal than that next year or do you reckont they'll shoot up that much that i'll be looking at round about the same as i'm paying now

Obviously no-one really knows but thought i'd get an idea

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.