Houssem Aouar

Fairly solid, https://www.whoscored.com/Players/322096/Show/Houssem-Aouar

I have no doubts he would be able to kick up a few levels under Pep however. Id be interested to see what the plan is if we bring him in. We are only expected to lose Dave so where does this all fit together.

I wouldnt be surprised if Pep sees Foden as someone that need to be closer to goal and not a controller in the middle not just short-term, but long.
Aouar could well be the Silva replacement, and Foden the Sane.
Foden is more Iniesta and Aouar more Xavi, and Pep often deployed Iniesta to the left of a attacking trio, like a roaming 10. And I think that is Phils best position aswell

I wouldnt be surprised if Pep sees Foden as someone that need to be closer to goal and not a controller in the middle not just short-term, but long.
Foden is more Iniesta and Aouar more Xavi, and Pep often deployed Iniesta to the left of a attacking trio, like a roaming 10. And I think that is Phils best position aswell
We have Bernardo Silva in the middle now, so don't see the need for Aouar or anyone else to replace Silva.

We have Bernardo Silva in the middle now, so don't see the need for Aouar or anyone else to replace Silva.
Have to admit, and I know its basically blasphemy.. But I kind of forgot about him lol. Agree, Bernie in the middle is exceptional. But then again I suppose you can't have too many good players, but yeah I this only really make sense with Gundo leaving

Bernardo's vision and reading of the game isn't good enough for a deep lying playmaker I'm afraid. We have only one player with Aouar's skillset currently, and it's Gundogan, who could be gradually replaced by a better and younger player.

Bernardo's vision and reading of the game isn't good enough for a deep lying playmaker I'm afraid. We have only one player with Aouar's skillset currently, and it's Gundogan, who could be gradually replaced by a better and younger player.
I'm not sure I agree with that. Sure he hasn't played the role often, but in cameos in the role he has looked stellar!

To be honest I don't think Pep maps out his squad like that. With positions where we're not critically short-handed if someone leaves (ie CB), he'll likely see a space open up and just go after a player he likes.

Bear in mind this is a guy who admitted he never thought Gundogan could play #6, so he built a squad with only 1 defensive midfielder, and 5 number 8s.

If he really likes Aouar, he'll get him and sort out what positions everyone plays or the best formation later.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.