Houssem Aouar

Bernardo's vision and reading of the game isn't good enough for a deep lying playmaker I'm afraid. We have only one player with Aouar's skillset currently, and it's Gundogan, who could be gradually replaced by a better and younger player.
Bernardo is fucking class in that role, a deep lying playmaker isn't what it was 5-10 years ago (e.g. Pirlo). Bernardo does it in a different style, opening up passing angles in deeper areas with his movement off the ball, allowing the team to move forward whoever it is who brings the ball out. He also has that much ability dribbling wise and passing wise that opponents don't like leaving him with time and space in possession, that in itself creates space for De Bruyne and the forward players.

If it means Gundogan is on he way then he is very welcome.

Gundo while having served the club well is done. Like Merlin, his legs are now not up to playing games at the level we are aiming for next season.

Or a David Silva ..
Don’t think there is another David Silva. Same as when Toure went we didn’t change like for like we adapted. We won’t replace Silva like for like we’ll adapt. We already are really with Bernardo and Rodri / Gundogan playing a bit deeper and KDB given a free more central role.

Thats Foden (hopefully).

I want someone who can constantly ping 50 yard perfectly weighted cross-field passes.
Why? We don't and never will play that way, we're not Wolves.

Don't get me wrong we do play those passes but very infrequently in midfield, usually from Laporte and Fernandinho (if he plays RCB). You very rarely get the time and space in midfield to be able to play those passes accurately in the Premier League. Wolves have Neves but again it's usually the three CB's playing the cross field passes, not in midfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.