Houssem Aouar

I’m glad.

Rodri, Gundogan and Fernandinho in contention for the holding role.

De Bruyne, Foden and Bernardo in contention for the attacking mid role.

It’s the one are we are stacked in. Try to get Messi and Koulibaly and then a LB would finish our incomings nicely leaving us to sign a marquee midfielder next year when Fernandinho goes.

In most big games last season we played 2 in the middle and they were almost always Rodri and Gundogan. The problem was when we played against a quick mobile opposition we conceded a number of chances.

Having more pace and aggression beside Rodri is essential as the Rodri/ Gundogan axis gives us a lot of possession but limited movement and vulnerability to pace.

Previous season Bernardo played there a couple of times notably against Liverpool but not really last season.

If we add Messi we will lose a bit of athleticism in our pressing so Rodri and Gundogan will leave us even more vulnerable tocounter attacks. If Messi joins we’ll definitely score more goals but quite possibly concede more unless we have someone to do more work beside Rodri.

All this talk of we only have Rodri, Gundo and Fern as deep mid made me think back to what we used to have. To remember what Joey Barton did for us before he left in search of trophies. Would love to have seen him in that role today, he kept us in the premier league that one season. Do we have anyone similar coming through?

In most big games last season we played 2 in the middle and they were almost always Rodri and Gundogan. The problem was when we played against a quick mobile opposition we conceded a number of chances.

Having more pace and aggression beside Rodri is essential as the Rodri/ Gundogan axis gives us a lot of possession but limited movement and vulnerability to pace.

Previous season Bernardo played there a couple of times notably against Liverpool but not really last season.

If we add Messi we will lose a bit of athleticism in our pressing so Rodri and Gundogan will leave us even more vulnerable tocounter attacks. If Messi joins we’ll definitely score more goals but quite possibly concede more unless we have someone to do more work beside Rodri.

Improvements at centre-half and LB will help to address much of those issues. Hopefully, we sort out those areas.

All this talk of we only have Rodri, Gundo and Fern as deep mid made me think back to what we used to have. To remember what Joey Barton did for us before he left in search of trophies. Would love to have seen him in that role today, he kept us in the premier league that one season. Do we have anyone similar coming through?

Left in search of trophies. Lol. Oh Joey, lad.

Does anyone think we can sign Kolibaly, Messi and Auoar in the same window , would be unreal if we pull that off but very unlikely.

I don't see him going to arsenal, that would be a massive downgrade, he would have to play Europa league for 2-3 years minimum, assna not going to make it too 4 this season most probably.

Since he has already flirted with us quite openly we can probably ask him to wait and can get him in January.

Tommy Doyle?

Not a c*nt, more technical ability in his little toe than Barton ever had but English and from the academy?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.