Houssem Aouar

Walker understands the versatility Pep expects from full back. He can play conventional full back, attacking full back, and inverted full back and he is quick enough to defend when our high press breaks down. Mendy and Zinch both struggle to fit the full package for different reasons. Jury's still out on Cancelo who possibly can but maybe not on the left side. Ake, being mostly left footed fits the bill hopefully. I suspect that's where Pep wants him to play but it all depends (imo) on having a top class CB to partner Laporte.
an excellent post, you should post a little bit more, there's too many people with quantity and hardly any quality, you sir (having read some of your old posts) have quality over quantity.

there's plenty of old fuckers on here ,you would fit right in :)

I just don't understand why you think we need a striker. We have two already vying for one position. I also don't think CM is as much a priority as LB and CB.

The reason I say we need another striker is that Aguero has 1 year left on his deal (he might sign a longer term one, a year at a time, as he wants to finish his career at his boyhood club), and Jesus is not really a sole striker, but can play across the front line, both of them also spend vast sums of the season out injured, and we need someone to offer something a little different sometimes, not too mention, when we won the title under Mancini and Pellegrini we had 4 strikers for 1 position (occassionally 2).

In regards to the CM, we have got 3 for the 2 spots in the AM role (KDB, Bernardo and Foden) and 3 for the 1 DM role (Rodri, Gundogan and Fernandinho), one of which is starting now to get too old, and another one of them slows our play down each time he plays, so 6 players for 3 roles, and possibly 66 games (all being well), 4 cups, and not expecting them to suffer dips in form or injury is pushing it, we had David Silva to add to the mix as well as them last season, yes Foden can take the spot Silva vacated, but who takes the spot Foden has vacated to move up?, he played 23 games last year, and that is with ALL them who we are left with still around and David Silva as well.....not too mention Bernardo is injured, Fernandinho in his final season, that is why I say and will continue to believe that we need another CM.

The number 1 priority is definately a CB, but not at the expense of ignoring all other positions of need, just not as much of a need as CB, as we have Laporte, Ake and Stones that want to be here out of all our 1st team collection, and that has needed filling for 14 months now.

I guess, but to me he’s the perfect Gundo replacement. Would be absolutely gutting if he went somewhere like Arsenal etc.

That maybe true but in some ways our reluctance to move players on does not allow rotation in the squad. Fernandiniho and Gundogan are both providing competition for Rodri and so there is not really a place for another in the squad.

Its a similar case at centre half where arguably Otamemdi should have been let go a season earlier.

That maybe true but in some ways our reluctance to move players on does not allow rotation in the squad. Fernandiniho and Gundogan are both providing competition for Rodri and so there is not really a place for another in the squad.

Its a similar case at centre half where arguably Otamemdi should have been let go a season earlier.
We’re clearly not in for him otherwise he would of signed by now simple as

Not sure why discussions, he is not coming notbwhrn we aren't selling Gundogan and Dinho.
You can say Gundogan is average Dinho doesn't have legs but they are part of team and we can't have players just for the sake of it. We can't even nail down proper place for Bernardo and Foden

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.