How are we all feeling about our club today?

One thing I am is embarrassed!

This is something very trivial in the grand scheme of things, but I usually wear my City tie in work the day of a game and I looked at it this morning and thought “nah, no chance!” and opted for another tie, too embarrassed to wear it.

Disappointed that we got involved in the first place, but relieved that we saw sense and glad that we were instrumental in bringing this whole thing crashing down. Still think we’re due a proper explanation though.
When you say explanation what do you expect to hear? We all know there is only one reason and one explanation.

What we need is an apology, disciplinary action of those responsible and an agreement that they will never try anything like this again without fan involvement.
And finally, and most fucking importantly, never EVER again will they publish a club statement with Joel Glazer’s words on it. We shouldn’t blame the club staff for any of this but whoever put that on our website needs to lock themselves in a dark room for a few days.

I feel Ashamed, angry, sick.

I can’t get over the fact we colluded with the Glaziers, Agnelli, FSG, Perez.

We even quoted these people on our official website.

Goes against everything this club has ever stood for.

The damage done is irreparable.
I've booked in to have my arm removed so I don't have to look at my City tattoo anymore.

One thing this whole episode has made me question is the 'city till I die' mantra - my emotions in sequence over the last 48 hours

shock
denial
distress
fury
hope
relief

The upcoming games seemed meaningless/confusing to me as I didn't know who exactly City were anymore although I still would have watched them, but it felt like I had to recalibrate everything I had ever known or experienced with my highs and lows - I can only describe it like watching the moon slowly leave the earths orbit.

For better and for worse I am City till I die because in a lot of ways it has played an important part in so many aspects of my life since I was a kid on an emotional and practical level so is in my dna whether I like it or not. So my thinking now is that there has to be a road to redemption walked by the club with a sincere recognition of the impact this had had to the majority of supporters as I suspect the majority will forgive, but just at different times along the walk.

So grateful I had BM to go to as some of the posts though sad and upsetting to read were littered with the old City gallows sense of humour - that's my City!

If we were the Trojan Horse that bought the whole shitty house of cards down there’s plenty of fucking posters on this forum that will need to write their own apologies to the owner and board.
What a entitled, judgemental & sanctimonious bunch of victims we are!
Oh yes, how entitled we were to criticise our owners for jumping into bed with the enemy, for trying to Franchise football and remove competition. How very sanctimonious of us...

Seriously give your head a wobble if you think we were a Trojan horse. The money was spotted, the clothes were shed and we greased up to be fucked by the cartel, then woke up and realised everyone was calling us a whore and tried to fix the perception.

Getting behind the players and staff as they clearly was on our side yesterday however I agree with those who want to see Soriano resign. At the end of the day I support Manchester City so I don’t give a fuck about chief exc/directors whatever, they’ll come and go over our lifetime supporting the club.

Irony is that none of the others actually understand the pain of relegation and the euphoria of promotion. Sunday felt like Luton and yesterday felt like Blackburn.

have you thought maybe we set the yanks up on this? That our owner and chairman finally found a way to show the world what the yanks and big corrupt super clubs were like finally? I personally think there was something going on behind the scenes with us and UEFA to set these guys up hence cerefin being so positive in his statement about us? Plus the rags etc have all lost their place on the board of UEFA? So the main people who tried to get us banned for years, changed rules to suit are now all out of power with UEFA?! Not a coincidence imo.
This theory rather depends on us being a mover and shaker in the superliga to lay a trap. But that does not square with the idea that we we approached at the last minute with a take it or leave it fait accompli.
The yanks wll not have consulted us on their plot, so how did we lay a trap?
Wishful thinking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.