How are we all feeling about our club today?

Using another analogy this would be like going into a bank with your lifetime best friend and them putting a gun to your head and saying "give me the money or they get it"

I'm not sure that if we both got out alive with some money, is enough to justify their actions.

I agree the club have some bridge building to do here, a start might be an apology, but hand on heart I really don't know what it will take and it might well be that whatever bridge building they do I won't know if its enough until the next time(which is going to be a pretty odd experience anyway)I go to the ground

Much better. Proud of our fans, our manager and players. Still disappointed in our execs and owners but they made a mistake, they took action and let’s hope they have a better understanding of us fans and what we cherish.

My feelings for the club haven’t changed at all because the club is everyone. Some fans have embarrassed themselves but that’s fans for you.
I wasn’t a fornicator to the owner anyhow but he has lost a lot of rep with a lot of people who put him on a pedestal, he’s probably not that arsed mind. An apology like the laughable arsenal attempt would be so insincere and insulting anyhow.
Just remember business will fuck you over if it’s to their benefit. The only lesson to be learnt is by the fans.

I am a lot happier than I was yesterday morning. The fact that we were first out lead to the whole sorry mess collapsing. The timing and tone of Ceferins press release demonstrates how close the club had been working with UEFA on a withdrawal. I don't subscribe to the 'masterplan' theory. I think we were pretty reluctant to start with, were invited in late in the day, made the wrong call on the back of not wanting to be left behind and didn't need much of a shove to withdraw. The fact is that this will have diminished our rivals whilst not really harming ourselves (nobody likes us anyway), in fact we may be on a far stronger footing with UEFA in particular because of this sorry episode.

Its got a way to play yet until we fully understand the ramifications but at the minute the owners have gone some way to rectifying their mistake and after all, they had built up a little credit over the last 10 years or so ;-).

FSG weren’t the first to pull out mate.

and it’s pretty much established City only found out about this on Saturday when the usual wankers had already made their move. City and Chelsea had no notice it was about to happen.
You truly believe that City had no idea till Saturday? I knew about it in January, in a different guise but the same principle. It'd be lovely to forgive and forget and call City as the Knights in shining armour but smell the coffee ffs

have you thought maybe we set the yanks up on this? That our owner and chairman finally found a way to show the world what the yanks and big corrupt super clubs were like finally? I personally think there was something going on behind the scenes with us and UEFA to set these guys up hence cerefin being so positive in his statement about us? Plus the rags etc have all lost their place on the board of UEFA? So the main people who tried to get us banned for years, changed rules to suit are now all out of power with UEFA?! Not a coincidence imo.
It’s certainly a possibility, but not a probability so on balance no. I don’t believe we’re that Machiavellian. If it rids UEFA committees of G14 schemers though, then that’s obviously a good thing

They've given me the best years of entertainment and winning trophies in over fifty years of following this mad club. For that I'm grateful and it would never have happened without them. There is now a "But" and it's this.

Being a Blue was never easy. We all got onto the merry go round ride for our own reasons. For some it was family tradition, others chose them or were dragged along with mates and it became a habit. Mine was a bit of both. My dad had no interest in football, boxing was and is his love. Although I grew up a stone's throw from Maine Road and the noise and crowds that descended near my house on matchday were a fascination it meant nothing to me. At eight years of age our pre war houses were being pulled down and I moved to Wythenshawe. The street I moved to the kids played football and in spite of trying everything I could to get out of it I was coerced into playing. I grew to love it.

At that time I had no affinity to any football club, my mates were reds and Blues. I never saw any football because it was never on the TV in our house, only the world cup final and bizarrely the rags v Benfica in the European cup because my uncle who was a red wanted to watch it at our house, I'm not sure why, we were one of the first families to have colour TV on our road so it may have been that but I can't remember. I was happy for him they won and that's how it went for me, more happy for my mates when the team they supported won but no love or affinity for any one team myself.

All that changed rapidly when I read a newspaper interview with Malcolm Allison. His charisma and vision for Manchester City shone through. He mentioned how when he and Joe Mercer arrived City were the underdogs in Manchester and he saw hardly any kids wearing blue and white scarves. He said he was going to change all that and make City the top team in Manchester and that kids would be proud to wear their scarf. I was hooked. Shortly afterwards my mate Noel Hurley persuaded my dad to let me go to Maine Road with him, against his better judgment and a Blue was born. It was 1968.

Since then football has been a huge part of my life. At times torture, at other times sheer joy, sometimes all in one game as we know too well. It mirrors life and is entwined with our lives. We love and hate our club in equal measures, just as we do family, it is family, one huge Blue family of moaning, funny, caring, at times annoying characters. We fall out, swear we are leaving never to return but we always go back because the love is stronger than any problems and fall outs we have.

Right now many of us feel hurt, bewildered and upset. Our parents/owners made a baffling decision we didn't agree with. Even worse they made that life changing decision without asking or consulting us. We felt like the kid being told by his parents they are moving to Australia next month. Uprooting everything that had been built up over years to start a new life somewhere else. The parents might tell that kid they are doing it to give them a better life, but the kid feels they have been betrayed and conned, That's how many of us feel today. We thought we were more important to them than that, that they cared, that our point of views and feelings were important to them. We trusted them at their word and whatever the reasons for breaking that trust it has been broken. It will take some time to fully regain that trust.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.