How are you handling the boredom?

Vialli98

Team supported
Chelsea
First of all, how are you all doing? It's been a while. I hope you and your loved ones are keeping safe and healthy and I hope we all get through this unscathed.

I'm not sure if there is a thread for this already.

I know not everyone is sat at home bored out of their skulls, so how are you all spending your time indoors?

Personally, I've been working from home, so my day to day, until about 5pm, hasn't really changed a whole lot, besides having an extra hour or so in the day now that I don't have to commute to the office.

My only real inconvenience is the fact that I live in a flat with a tiny balcony. I have just about managed to fit an exercise bike in it and there's just enough space leftover for me to get on and off it. I envy anyone with a garden.

I've set myself a challenge to learn Korean. It seemed utterly daunting at first, but I got my head around the alphabet, currently learning about how sentences are structured etc.

I'm doing what I can to keep my mind occupied for as long as I can. The easiest thing to do would be to sit and watch Netflix for 7 hours every evening.

How are you filling the time? How long are your daily walks or runs? My neighbour goes running for more than 2 hours. I keep my walks to under 30 minutes.

I'm especially wondering about the people who aren't currently working, for whatever reason.

Last edited:
I’ve been watching repeats of City beating Chelsea.

Only kidding ;-)

Ive been drinking and wanking a hell of a lot to be honest.

Been using my dumbbells more at home, which is the one positive.

ive been updating on the mental health thread,

im fucking buzzing at the moment,ive been working in the garden, im actually going to have a day off tomorrow,even though I haven't worked for about a month,ive work harder at home than I do at work :),

I'm lucky I've got a garden that was looking a bit tired and lacking some tlc, I've sorted my decking out, thats all been renewed cleaned and stained, daughters been a great help, also stained my shed, just done all the borders today and they are looking brilliant, sorted the bushes and trees out as well, i put down some weed and feed for the lawn about a week ago, so I'm going to scarify the lawn(never heard of it until furlough :)) and aerate it ,then im going to level and top dress it,come the summer im hoping the lawn looks great.
ive been watching a lot of videos on YouTube about gardening ,it really is a great source of knowledge ,

ive also done a bit of cooking, find a recipe and have a saunter to the shops to get the ingredient's ,now I'm over the "I haven't got anything to do", I've actually done loads, if the weather turns shite then ill start some decorating, the only problem I've got is the tip is shut so I've got a few piles of shite hanging about.

All in all I've got a new hobby(gardening) and I'm a little fitter than I was and I've gained a space at home I actually enjoy going into ,happy days

I’ve been watching repeats of City beating Chelsea.

Only kidding ;-)

Ive been drinking and wanking a hell of a lot to be honest.

Been using my dumbbells more at home, which is the one positive.

I have actually been watching a lot of past Chelsea games (just the good ones) to remind myself of what life was actually like a few weeks ago. It feels like we've been in a lockdown for years.

I've got a shit load of small jobs to do and have ordered loads of items on line in my pursuit of said jobbies. Where are the delivery drivers when you need them. C'mon lads, you're doing a great job.....
Just bought 2 vintage outboard engines, one built in 1929, the other a bit more recent and so have made an extra engine stand for it.
Aimless gardening fills in the blanks but the binmen dont move the stuff for another couple of weeks so job stop there. Tip's shut so cant go there.
Checked on the pond, newts still in there but been hunting dragon fly larvae as them bastards eat anything that moves, sorry, they look brilliant when they hatch but the damage they can do in the meanwhile in a pond is biblical.
Air/sea/mountain rescue chopper from Caernarfon's been out, doubtless some clown's stuck on the mountain so been watching that through the binoculars.
Watching youtube also fills in the blanks but now going to feed the dogs and drag them out for a walk....
In work for a couple of hours, actually costs money to go in and turn everything on.
We carry on regardless.....

I have actually been watching a lot of past Chelsea games (just the good ones) to remind myself of what life was actually like a few weeks ago. It feels like we've been in a lockdown for years.

I know mate same here.

Id had enough of footy with the UEFA shite and their sycophants in the media attacking City at all opportunities, and of course VAR but I’ve missed it much more than I’ve realised and can’t wait to go again.

Found myself watching full 90 min repeats of play off games involving Middlesborough and fucking Norwich.

I know mate same here.

Id had enough of footy with the UEFA shite and their sycophants in the media attacking City at all opportunities, and of course VAR but I’ve missed it much more than I’ve realised and can’t wait to go again.

Found myself watching full 90 min repeats of play off games involving Middlesborough and fucking Norwich.
Fuck sake, thoughts and prayers. Have you run out of booze?

Gardening
Reading
Exercise - normally 60 minutes combination of treadmill and weights
Box sets - no more than an hour per day
Cooking/menu planning - I have our meals sorted for a rolling fortnight ahead
Fly tying - up to an hour per day depending on how I feel
Drinking - try and have at least three alcohol free days a week
Music - usually late afternoon and after 10.30. It’s been a good opportunity to check out new stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.