How bad was Marriner last night

Bluekiwi

Team supported
Manchester City (from 1955) & Adelaide Crows (AFL)
Good to see

The standard of officiating hasn't improved. Thought the ref was poor and the linesman that flagged for offside doesn't know the rules.

Re: Good to see

So many fans still in the stadium 10 minutes before the end of the game. Think they were actually enjoying the footy too much to worry about the wife's pregnancy or getting back for the news at ten :)

Bluekiwi said:
The standard of officiating hasn't improved. Thought the ref was poor and the linesman that flagged for offside doesn't know the rules.
Im thinking he probably does know the rules and in fairness I could even see why the lino would think he was offside although thinking and actually seeing are 2 different things. The ref was just shit for the first 30 minutes

officiating was subpar. taylor's sending off was questionable to be fair. negredo goal should have stood. very encouraging play from the boys today though, especially fernandinho and navas. CTID!!!

The ref was terrible, denied 3 penalties and Newcastle seemed to get every decision that we didn't.

The bookings:- he made a rod for his own back. The Dzeko pushing spat should have been a word with both players and get on with it, or at worst a booking for the Newcastle fullback. In these situations, once refs produce yellows to both players for simple things, nearly every tackle ends up in a booking.

I said last night, once both players had been booked early on in the Dzeko spat that someone would see red tonight.

So bad he deserves his own thread.
Truly shocking display and the fact we had 3 penalties turned down including 2 stone wall penalties has been buried due to us winning 4-0 and it not having a baring on the result but come on, incorrect calls 3 times in key decisions, 4 if you include the other official.
Don't blame him for the disallowed goal at the end as that's the linesman's error but question is would he have turned those down at the Swamp for Utd.

Piss poor along with his linesman.

Didn't affect the outcome but its not the point and yes, humans make mistakes but the sheer amount they got wrong last night is just not good enough.

Would put good money on him awarding those pens at certain other grounds lets put it that way!

The bizarre thing is he was on Sky on Saturday saying how ready he is for the season, how sharp he is and raring to go. He looked anything but sharp. He seemed way off the pace of the game and I don't mean physically, but how he seemed to be mentally 2 seconds behind things. Hope it's just opening day rustiness or something as he's usually a decent ref.
It wouldn't have mattered where he was reffing last night, he was just generally shit.
Between them, Krul and Marriner stopped us reaching a cricket score!

Nothing more than the usual shite standard of ref in the premiere league, wasn't surprised by his inept showing, I think I am getting used to the sub standard officiating on offer over the last few seasons and he isn't on his own

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.