How bad was Marriner last night

Re: Good to see

Bluekiwi said:
The standard of officiating hasn't improved. Thought the ref was poor and the linesman that flagged for offside doesn't know the rules.
He will know the rules but he made a mistake. Easily done.

Apart from the offside (which the linesman doesn't get to see replays of and no still shots of the moment the ball is touched) and the penalty decision on Yaya (don't know why he didn't give it, maybe he thought Yaya dived which is understandable as he is a soft bastard at times - still, that's scraping the barrel for an excuse) which was certainly a penalty from my one view of it; the officiating was spot-on.

These sort of things happen in every game.

Until we get a video ref it was always happen.

Re: Good to see

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Bluekiwi said:
The standard of officiating hasn't improved. Thought the ref was poor and the linesman that flagged for offside doesn't know the rules.
Im thinking he probably does know the rules and in fairness I could even see why the lino would think he was offside although thinking and actually seeing are 2 different things. The ref was just shit for the first 30 minutes
Ref was shit for 90 minutes.

Marriner has always been poor was on his usual form last night He cant manage a game as said earlier he should have had a stern word after the handbag spat no need to book them

this buffoon was on talksport last week with mike riley, and between them they were saying that refs got above 94% of decisions correct, they must be doing the marking that's all I can say.

the goals he cost us last night could be vital, I couldn't help but think he was trying to make a game of it, as opposed to reffing honestly.

Not a popular view I know but, honestly, big strong Yaya going down from just a small pat on the back? No pen in my book. And the handball clearly wasn't a pen as he had his arm straight down along his body and was fired at from a couple of meters. The red card on the other hand was spot on. Taylor the cnut clearly aimed for Sergios head.

Refs dont apply the laws of the game anymore, they are instead instructed to interpret them and this is why we see such big differences between games.
Handball is the new one with deliberate handball for a penalty now done away with and instead, we get bullshit about unnatural hand and arm positions ffs?

fathellensbellend said:
this buffoon was on talksport last week with mike riley, and between them they were saying that refs got above 94% of decisions correct, they must be doing the marking that's all I can say.

the goals he cost us last night could be vital, I couldn't help but think he was trying to make a game of it, as opposed to reffing honestly.

The thing is as bad as he was, its the lack of understanding of the game which is the worrying part of it, the toure penalty was the real shocker, debuchy was on the wrong side and to get the ball he would have had to go through the man and anyone who understands football absolutely knows that it would seem marriner didnt. And then if you are saying that debuchy got the ball (which was impossible without going through the man) and toure went over then you are saying that toure dived for which he should be booked and he wasnt booked. There is absolutely no excuse for such incompetence and he should be made to explain to assessors and personally i think publicly why he has chosen not to give a penalty or a booking their, it cant jsut be waved away.

Mariner was fucking terrible, dogshit refereeing display. He started badly by booking Dzeko and the barcode when he should have just bollocked them, and his performance just got worse after that.
Even Newcastle fans are saying they got away with two pens and an offside goal which wasn't.
He's not fit to ref in the Prem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.