How can City improve without buying?

collie40

I know we are rotating so much these days, but i think some of the players could work harder, like Mancini says about AJ was proved yesterday 5 mins after he came on(he ball watched for 1/2 a second and was 2 yards behind). Don't get me wrong i don't mean lack of effort, i think more along the lines of mental strength, some of them switch off for a second and we get punished. I know most of the time it won't matter because we'll just go down the other end and score 2 or 3, but when we play the best teams it won't be so easy.

We wont be at our optimum until 2013. I've been saying it since Sept1st'08 and over the last few years many have said 2013 is a long time away to be patient for until we're at our optimum (many were impatient along the way, some are still impatient now). It's actually not far away now. Players like Samir Nasri, AJ, Clichy, Balotelli, Džeko and Agüero haven't settled in or had enough time to reach their peaks yet, I feel it'll be another 12months+ before they do. As a squad we will all improve. We have done step by step already but we're not there yet. More experience of big games is much needed, more CL experience, more time together will improve us without even needing to buy anyone. A lot of it is all about time.

The biggest thing we must do is CONCENTRATE! Through optimal concentration (which we have nowhere near reached or perfected) we will iron out the little things we are falling down on. Misplaced passes, giving fouls away, not tracking back, losing the players we're marking...

I think its just a case of the more games we play the more and more comfortable the players will become with each other. Dont get me wrong i think we look like a TEAM now, but like the guy above said its just a matter of time for me.

Individual player improvement which is down to the manager and his staff really, I'm confident this will happen though with AJ in the same vein as Micah and Lescott, who have both dramatically improved under Roberto after taking there fair share of criticism from him.

Kolarov is another example from this season.

Let me play against Newcastle and just forever give me the ball to my feet and after I've bagged a hat-trick sub me off and I'll retire from the good game going into the record books as the first ever player to score 3 times their apperances for their club!!

By getting rid of the twats like Tevez who dont subscribe to the theory that there is no 'I' in 'team'.
We need to have an end to stroppy acts when players are substituted and the player coming off needs to give the player coming on a real ''go on.... go out there and give it your best...everyone is right behind you'' type comment as they change places.
TEAM ethics and unity from start to finish will be a great plus for us.

I dont think the real rotation has even started yet. Think further down the line or even about the Scum's injury crisis having to play Carrick and Fletcher as Centre Backs.

Yaya/Micah - at Centre Half. Vinny/Zabs in Midfield. Silva as a false no 9, Kolorov on the left in a 5 man midfield or further forward in a time where we play two wingers, Milner/Hargreaves at Full Back etc. It's an endless list.

ifiwasarichfan said:
I dont think the real rotation has even started yet. Think further down the line or even about the Scum's injury crisis having to play Carrick and Fletcher as Centre Backs.

Yaya/Micah - at Centre Half. Vinny/Zabs in Midfield. Silva as a false no 9, Kolorov on the left in a 5 man midfield or further forward in a time where we play two wingers, Milner/Hargreaves at Full Back etc. It's an endless list.

I see ur point but all the player's u mentiond could and what's more so would play well in those positions, but can our "best team" improve? If so how and where against the best in Europe, I know we can pick and choose in the league and still beat most teams easily by outscoring them, but when we play the top teams, like Barca Real and Munich, do we go for it or defend more?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.