How come we never score important injury time games?

salfordtrueblue said:
Good call Pam.....and i think Jamie redknapp gave an interesting insight into it,when he mentioned how they are constantly coming at you,i think now its also somewhat psychological as the opposing team subconsciously expects the backs against the wall stuff in the closing stages and surrenders ground to them.

Agreed.

It's obviously something that is drilled into the rags. Even when they don't need late goals they still push on and go for it. Look at Hull the other week, was it 3 goals in last 10 mins. Remember tranny having a strop last year when he was subbed because he knows he's got more chance of scoring late on. We're not the only ones who don't tend to score late ones on a regular basis. I'd say most of the Prem are the same and it's such an obvious tactic of the rags that it's about time we and others stopped the b*****ds or adopted the same approach.

Pam said:
The raggy people are always scoring last minute winners. How come we never do? It is beyond mere chance or dumb look, shirley.

We used to get loads of last minute winners in the eighties , around the time that Duncan Davidson was here ..... but these days we seem to get very few.

black mamba said:
Pam said:
The raggy people are always scoring last minute winners. How come we never do? It is beyond mere chance or dumb look, shirley.

We used to get loads of last minute winners in the eighties , around the time that Duncan Davidson was here ..... but these days we seem to get very few.

Bloody hell, there's a player I'd forgotten about. Wasn't it him that had the shot against Swansea when big Joe was in goal - hit the post and went in off the back of Joe's head. Was it him ?

Robinho vs blackburn away last season is the one that jumps to mind, even though it only did give us the draw

but i agree, we are shit at scoring late goals

Corky said:
How many important gaes have we played then?

Tony Vaughan v Bradford, Goater v Coventry, Macken v Spurs, Anelka and Macken v Leicester, Creaney v Charlton, Sommeil v Pompey, Ireland v Reading, Anelka at Anfield, Anelka at Ewood (to go top).

We do score last min goals, or even last kick and head goals.

Some good 'uns in there. Remember Vaughan's at Umbro/Platt Lane end from a corner

warpig said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
Ireland v Reading

we scored last minute in the home game before this as well (sunderland ???). cant remember who got it (ireland ???)

That was with about 20 mins left, the Superman one, volley straight at Gordon through his legs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.