How come we never score important injury time games?

Richards equaliser against Villa
Richards equaliser against Everton
Musampa winner against Liverpool
Dickov winner against Gillingham
Robinho equaliser against Blackburn

Corky said:
warpig said:
we scored last minute in the home game before this as well (sunderland ???). cant remember who got it (ireland ???)

That was with about 20 mins left, the Superman one, volley straight at Gordon through his legs.

yeh that was the one, could have sworn that was a last min winner. not doubting it though, got a terrible memory.

robsta said:
black mamba said:
We used to get loads of last minute winners in the eighties , around the time that Duncan Davidson was here ..... but these days we seem to get very few.

Bloody hell, there's a player I'd forgotten about. Wasn't it him that had the shot against Swansea when big Joe was in goal - hit the post and went in off the back of Joe's head. Was it him ?

If it's the goal i'm thinking of YES it WAS him!

black mamba said:
robsta said:
Bloody hell, there's a player I'd forgotten about. Wasn't it him that had the shot against Swansea when big Joe was in goal - hit the post and went in off the back of Joe's head. Was it him ?

If it's the goal i'm thinking of YES it WAS him!

Lol ! Nice one for chucking that name in. Blast from the past hey !

warpig said:
Corky said:
That was with about 20 mins left, the Superman one, volley straight at Gordon through his legs.

yeh that was the one, could have sworn that was a last min winner. not doubting it though, got a terrible memory.

He scored a better volley as a last minute winner against Reading at home in 07/08.

did Horlock not score in the last min v Gillingham ?,,then Diko in the 95th.Macken v spuds 4-3,what a fukn great night that was,my missus nearly threw me out the house,screaming like a fukn demented banshee.

Pam said:
The raggy people are always scoring last minute winners. How come we never do? It is beyond mere chance or dumb look, shirley.

We haven't got players or to put it another way MCFC as a club, us as fans etc we do not have a winners/champions mentaility!! when we drew 8 games in a row, if we had a team of winners/champions or we were a set of positive/encouraging fans (in them 8 draws our atmospheres were terrible and negative and quiet, and in some of the away games we didn't sell out our meager 3000 capacities or where we did take a lot to Wigan we hardly got behind the lads at all!); we would have won some of them games!

It starts with the manager as he needs to instill a never say die, win at all costs attitude throughout the whole club, right through to the fans! with Mancini having won titles hopefully this will become a future of our club!

BibbyBlue85 said:
Richards equaliser against Villa
Richards equaliser against Everton
Musampa winner against Liverpool
Dickov winner against Gillingham
Robinho equaliser against Blackburn

5 times in 12 years! teams with a winning mentaility do it 5 times every season!

.............because we are playing in our own half, often close to our own penalty area.
It is difficult to score from there!

Panicking and hoofing the ball towards the halfway line, only for it to come straight back 5 seconds later does not help.

We need to retain possession and pass accurately during the latter stages of a game.

By the way, I normally get pissed off when I see the scum scoring late goals - especially in "fergie time".

I have to make an exception last Sunday , though - Johnny Evans' late goal against Arsenal was a blinder - completely wrong-fotted Van Der Sar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.