How do I ethically buy a pedigree dog?

I hate dogs, cats, pets you name it can't see the point of not being able to do what you want because of the pet being left at home. Added to that the food you have to buy, the walks, vets etc etc. I am probably missing the point and understand why people want a pet but not for me.
You're not a parent take it?

I hate dogs, cats, pets you name it can't see the point of not being able to do what you want because of the pet being left at home. Added to that the food you have to buy, the walks, vets etc etc. I am probably missing the point and understand why people want a pet but not for me.

Of course it's personal choice. I don't understand why people have kids when you could have a dog, but plenty do!

For me, I'df much rather be at home with the wife and pets, than in a sweaty bar or something with a load of ballsacks.

Of course it's personal choice. I don't understand why people have kids when you could have a dog, but plenty do!

For me, I'df much rather be at home with the wife and pets, than in a sweaty bar or something with a load of ballsacks.
It is a personal choice and as I alluded to I understand why folk want to keep pets but it's just not for me, I also have plenty of outdoor activities to keep me away from those sweaty bars.

What is it with you and many others who have to be derogatory about pubs and bars when it is not needed?
My pub welcomes responsible dog owners and is observing social distancing measures. We do not need people adopting an Orwellian view of people who don’t go to pubs are good and those who do are ‘ballsacks’.
On topic, an ethical way to get a dog is through a local dog’s trust charity. We’ve had our previous two dogs through this method and it has been very rewarding. Our present fella came with, what to all extents was, a doggy ASBO! We we’re told he would always be a nightmare and not able to mix with other people or dogs. After a couple of hard months - and many,many hours work - he is perfect with people and tolerant of other dogs. His character has come out and is the most affectionate pet we’ve ever had. Well worth all the effort - but be aware whatever the dog , a lot of time and effort will be required.
In conclusion to the OP, if you have the time and willpower, go for it. The fact you are asking about ethics suggests that you’ll be a good fit. When you get your pet, go and enjoy some lovely long walks - then treat your mutt to a bag of pork scratchings and treat yourself to a pint of ale in one of this country’s greatest institutions - the pub

What is it with you and many others who have to be derogatory about pubs and bars when it is not needed?
My pub welcomes responsible dog owners and is observing social distancing measures. We do not need people adopting an Orwellian view of people who don’t go to pubs are good and those who do are ‘ballsacks’.
On topic, an ethical way to get a dog is through a local dog’s trust charity. We’ve had our previous two dogs through this method and it has been very rewarding. Our present fella came with, what to all extents was, a doggy ASBO! We we’re told he would always be a nightmare and not able to mix with other people or dogs. After a couple of hard months - and many,many hours work - he is perfect with people and tolerant of other dogs. His character has come out and is the most affectionate pet we’ve ever had. Well worth all the effort - but be aware whatever the dog , a lot of time and effort will be required.
In conclusion to the OP, if you have the time and willpower, go for it. The fact you are asking about ethics suggests that you’ll be a good fit. When you get your pet, go and enjoy some lovely long walks - then treat your mutt to a bag of pork scratchings and treat yourself to a pint of ale in one of this country’s greatest institutions - the pub
Calm down dear, it was merely an example of an activity I would choose pets over.

My wife was on about getting a puppy when covid started and our overseas travel was halted.
I just said to her.. do you really want to spend the next 15 years picking up dog turds everyday ?
She never mentioned it since.

Maybe she envisaged me doing the walking and picking up of shit. :)

You could always do what most other dog owners do and leave the shit where the dog drops it - on pavements, in parks, on people's front lawns the list is endless and no trouble at all to dog owners.

I'm at the same point, B. Mrs Ewing asked me some time back whether we could look after the dog of the other pair in our cycling club. No, thank you! If I wanted to look after a dog, I'd have bought one. And if someone can't look after a dog they've bought, don't buy one. We have a pet fox. Got it Narf Landan, from a shop selling other stuffed door stoppers. Hasn't shit on the kitched floor either. Good fox!

Just being honest Pal, not for me but understand why people do.

Sophie the Cat was hours of fun. She was very arrogant and talkative but you could break her down eventually. I had a metre long length of string and she'd attack it. You'd try and pull it away and she'd get really angry and fight like her life depended on it.

I could play with the cat all day. They're hilarious.

Calm down dear, it was merely an example of an activity I would choose pets over.

Ok sweetheart - just pointing out that you can both have a pet and visit a pub. Not all pubs are “sweaty” and full of “ballsacks”. Calm down, indeed, dear ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.