How do loans work? / Jo

cfn1963

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I wonder about who gets a good deal out of the loan scenario with Jo.

OK by offloading him we don't have to pay his wages, but do we get a loan fee from Everton, and if so how much?

Everton seem to get a good deal in this. If he is great they can keep him on and perhaps sign him later. But they avoid the risk of him being crap cos all they lose is the loan fee. Unless we are planning to take him back (unlikely) why not just sell him at a cut price (say £5m) to a non premiership club where he can't embarrass us?

Excellent question CFN.

I only wish I knew the answer. Sadly, I've no idea how these things work. But I've always wondered what these deals are based on.

Anyone out there know?

Not 100 per cent sure with this one,but I wouldnt be surprised if there was NOT a loan fee paid to City,for this particular deal.
In fact i reckon City will be paying 20% of his wage whilst at Everton as well.

They simply cannot afford him,so us being rich are being kind !!!! LOL

Terms and conditions apply. Subject to status. Your home may be repossesed if you do not keep up payments secured against it.

jonesyxi said:
is he cup tied

Cant be cuptied - hasnt played for any club in any cup in the forthcoming season, obviously.

Doh - just realised it was a joke - good one.

You'll probably find that it has been part of the Lescott deal.
Once Golam finds a replacement he'll be on his way........our lacking threat on corners may soon be over!

I'm fairly certain a loan fee is made which is fairly small to be honest. Everton used to offer £1m for loans a few years ago, according to an Everton fan that I was discussing transfer targets with over Fifa 09 last night. Unsure as to whether they have changed this (or to be honest whether it is even true). Wouldn't be surprised if it happened though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.