How do we resolve the Brexit mess?

Once the war in Ukraine is over, just sit back and watch the EU implode. No agreement on defence, immigration, debt.
Note the young people of Europe are revolting against the EU immigration policy.

Last edited:
To be fair people need to get over this EU stuff, even if we rejoined we are joining with the strictest contros and it won't be what we had.

romanticising that we would be welcomed with open arms and all would be as it was is stupid

yeah but many think we would just waltz in and all would be the same, so if any party doesn't commit to it then they are cunts, unfortunately it isn't that simple now we left.

Of course not, that's the sort of exceptionalist bravado and bollocks that enabled Brexit to happen.

But that's what I meant when I said it would be better because the conditions attached on rejoining would make leaving again completely unviable.

Quiet in here ;-)

I think that is a realistic and practical approach by Labour. It is utterly inconceivable we could rejoin in the next Parliament for a host of reasons, not least because we wouldn’t be granted it by all the member states. It would also be utterly divisive even if moves were made towards it without it being in the manifesto or being put to the people in any way. So it isn’t happening. Full stop.

So why complicate things unnecessarily?

Once the war in Ukraine is over, just sit back and watch the EU implode. No agreement on defence, immigration, debt.
Note the young people of Europe are revolting against the EU immigration policy.
People have been talking about the EU imploding for decades, especially in the lead up to the referendum. It might evolve, it might recalibrate, but it isn’t going anywhere. The chaos caused by our exit, in both practical and economic terms, will reinforce that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.