How do you assess our transfer business?

Well about 2 weeks to go so board need to get their arses in gear. Getting another CB would make summer business acceptable, if LB also then it would be good.

Dont think we will be winning the league this season. The back line needs sorting out and another attacking option needed.

I agree with this. I was very optimistic when the window opened and we quickly got in Ake and Torres but the season starts for us on Monday against a team that beat us home and away last season yet we still have the same problems

Personally i'm feeling a bit deflated by the transfer window we've had so far ..... a slightly above average defender from a relegated side , and a youngster with pretty limited experience either domestically , or in Europe .... and i'm non too sure, right now, that either player will actually improve us, or is good enough to make an impression in the Champions League .... but i guess that time will tell.

Just as long as Pep realises that it's HIS head that could REALLY be on the block if we don't do any better this time around!

Last edited:
Personally i'm feeling a bit deflated by the transfer window we've had so far ..... a slightly above average defender from a relegated side , and a youngster with pretty limited experience either domestically , or in Europe .... and i'm non too sure, right now, that either player will actually improve us, or is good enough to make an impression in the Champions League .... but i guess that time will tell.
Maybe he's made up his mind to go

Just as long as Pep realises that it's HIS head that could REALLY be on the block if we don't do any better this time around!
Maybe he is going before he gets his head choped off?

Recruitment is only one piece of the puzzle. Doesn’t matter who we sign if we keep missing big chances or setting ourselves up in a way that doesn’t mitigate our weaknesses.

Pep’s version of football is really, truly demanding. It requires serious work. Constant movement, pressure on the ball, faultless concentration. It’s incredibly high risk with incredibly high rewards.

Last season, for a variety of reasons, we were not at the required level often enough. The biggest question this season isn’t about who we sign, but whether Pep and his team can get us back to that level of performance consistently. That will decide our season and in all probability Pep’s future.

I think, currently, the team is probably weaker than it was last season. Were spending money to strengthen a squad, when really we should be strengthening the first 11. 41 million on a replacement centre half seems poorly spent when were still chasing a decent left back and a right sided centre half.

The signings we've made have been good although looking at the market we probably over payed for Ake. I am disappointed that we've only done the 2 so far and think we've not strengthened enough. A centre back will happen imo but missing out on Aouar and even possibly a left back will come back to haunt us.

Just seems that other clubs have a target and get them in. Rumours about Bale and Reguilon only a couple days old both bits of business complete. Same with Chelsea they get linked and it gets done. Liverpool signed that lb quick. Utd Van Der beek, Everton Allan and Rodriquez.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.