How do you assess our transfer business?

How do we know the club haven’t got signings lined up and are just awaiting outgoings to happen ? I have always wanted one of those shouty Jim White endings to a window .. maybe it’s time?!?!

But foden has been in and around the team for two seasons now so we are one body lighter in that position.
torres looks promising but younger and less developed than sane and may take time so cannot be said with certainty to be a like for like replacement
Everyone else is a year older

Torres is an upgrade on Sane as Sane wasn't playing anyway.

Foden has been around the first team without getting minutes until last season. He'll bring more energy than Silva and we can hopefully get our press working again with a more energetic midfield.

Ake is very talented and is additional to the CBs that we had last season as well as being able to cover LB and DM. If we bring in another CB, we really would be a bit overstocked in that position and would need to try and sell/loan one or two.

I'm pretty optimistic for the season. It would be nice to bring in another quality CB but can't see us doing any other business unless there are some outgoings. Maybe that is what is holding things up.

I expect quite a busy end to the window and not just for us.

How do we know the club haven’t got signings lined up and are just awaiting outgoings to happen ? I have always wanted one of those shouty Jim White endings to a window .. maybe it’s time?!?!
Be careful what you wish for the last time we signed a few at the very end wasn't great if memory serves me right.

Short term 5/10 so far. Longer term I’m more confident as I think Torres will be a good signing for us.

We will have had three transfer windows now since kompany left and if we don’t sign a right sided CB it will be criminal failing and one we will, again, regret.

Happy with the quality, I've a feeling Ake will surprise a fair few people, in much the same way Fernandinho did, Torres, from the bits I've seen, looks like he's at that stage where he's going to go from potential to realising that potential over the next couple of years.

So, happy with the quality, just not the quantity at present.

This Summer we needed a right sided central defence and it would have been nice to get a left back and striker). None have come in. Instead we have signed a left-sided defender in AKe. Can he play on the right of Laporte?

I am very disappointed that City who were so obviously in need of a right sided central defender could get to Kick off without addressing this. Eyes focused on Messi instead of the footballing fundamentals? You have to conclude that is the case.

Happy with the quality, I've a feeling Ake will surprise a fair few people, in much the same way Fernandinho did, Torres, from the bits I've seen, looks like he's at that stage where he's going to go from potential to realising that potential over the next couple of years.

So, happy with the quality, just not the quantity at present.
Laporte does not play on the right side of our defence so why assume Ake can play there?

Laporte does not play on the right side of our defence so why assume Ake can play there?
I don't assume anything Marvin, not sure what in there gave you the impression I was saying that ?

However, seeing as though you've brought it up, I will say this, Ake is probably the one player outside of our own youth system that I've seen on a regular basis from early on in his career (mainly Chelsea), I've seen him play numerous positions and more often than not been the best player on the park, he's one of the most adaptable players I've seen, so it's no stretch to me that he could do a proficient (at least) job there if needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.