How do you define nationality?

To me the north of ireland will always be irish if its occupied by the British government or not.

Surely it's whatever your citizenship is?

For example, if you're born in England and emigrate to Australia, you're still English. But if you love the place so much that you feel inclined to become a citizen... then you're both, right?

I regard myself as English/ British, I was born here as were my parents and grandparents, before that all my relatives came from Ireland but I am and always will be English/ British. I could never move to another country and give up my English/ British citizenship and pledge my allegiance to another country.

where ever you are born, thats who you are. and i will never know why lads who are born in england have 1 english parent and 1 scottish parent and say they are scottish, ffs you was born in england you talk english, you live in england and they say there scottish

heres my situation - i was born in norway - lived in england for years - i know live in australia and am moving to america in the new year - have a norwegian mum and an english dad with both sides of the family either pure english and pure norwegian
and have both an english and norwegian passport - i cannot speak norwegian either

what do i consider myself?
norwegian

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.