How do you justify playing Zab over Elano?

skybluekings

After reading reviews of our team from the South American press I have to agree that "Elano is too good to be sitting on the bench".

The inclusion of De Jong and Zab in midfield means that we are now running a 2 DM set. Why? With Kompany now in CB, his spot can now be taken by one of the two...but to have both? It makes no sense as it takes away from our creativity. Is this overly defensive set up really needed or for that matter can you name another top team using 2 DMs?

Zab is like Kompany had been, playing out of his natural position which is right back. The fact that he can play in midfield, doesn't make him a midfielder. To add to the confusion, Elano is a STARTER for the great Brazil...yet not good enough for our team?

How bad can we be in this line up?:
--------Given------
Zab----Kompany----Richards/Ned----Bridge
-----------De Jong---------------
SWP---Elano---Ireland---Robinho
-----------Bellamy-----------

In my opinion, the above is a GREAT team. However whilst currently having Richards at right back may bode well defensively, Richards is yet to produce a cross. All season (from the right back position). Therefore it is better to have Zab at right back and allow him to join the attack like an extra winger - which he has done effectively this season.

Playing 2 DMs? Really? This makes no sense to me and gradually seems more of a vendetta against a player rather than good tactics, or for that matter, good judgement.

EDIT: Seriously, Can you name ANY TEAM which uses a 2 DM set?

Richards out, Zabs right back, elano in the centre, playing at home we don't need 2 defensive midfielders, away from home i think we should play 2, depends who were playing

goat boy said:
Can't believe you've dropped Dependable Ned!

Oh and it's a 4-3-3, for the 800th time! ;P SWP and Rob play the inside forward channels, they're not genuine wide players.

Fixed that :)

bizzbo said:
quiet_riot said:
Liverpool. Villa. Rags....top enough for you?

both play one out and out hard worker and one graceful sort with awesome passing range and vision, the zab/de jong partnership is missing that

You've not watched De Jong at work then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.