How do you true blues feel about the enigmatic Mario Balotelli?

He did let the club down at times in his attitude, but not as much as Tevez and some people on here think Tevez was a City legend. If he is then I suggest we build half his statue outside the stadium and the other half on a golf course in Argentina.

For all Tevez's faults, he did twice as much for City as Mario ever did, plus whenever he put a City shirt on he ALWAYS gave 100%.

Yes, Mario was likeable, a clown and people loved him for that, but for all his undoubted talent he didn't do THAT much for City other than knock a in few pens in and score one or two (very) important goals.

Fans will still be talking about Colin Bell and Mike Doyle long after Mario is forgotten, which (imo) is a tragedy.

Balo should be worth £60m, not £7m like he is now.

For all Tevez's faults, he did twice as much for City as Mario ever did, plus whenever he put a City shirt on he ALWAYS gave 100%.

Yes, Mario was likeable, a clown and people loved him for that, but for all his undoubted talent he didn't do THAT much for City other than knock a in few pens in and score one or two (very) important goals.

Fans will still be talking about Colin Bell and Mike Doyle long after Mario is forgotten, which (imo) is a tragedy.

Balo should be worth £60m, not £7m like he is now.

I completely agree, my point is that for all Tevez did in the shirt he also buggered off and didn't wear one for a long time and disrupted things.

In terms of Balo, I completely agree - he could have been one of the best.

The moment somebody said Mario was world class with the potential to be the greatest player on the planet that was it for Mario,he had it made.....in his head.On this basis club after club,ourselves included,were prepared to pay big money and wages for this potential,which showed itself in all too few rare glimpses.He never progressed from the potential stage because he never worked hard enough and just expected to stroll onto a football pitch and hope he could produce a moment or two of magic and that would be enough he had done his job.Unfortunately those moments of magic were all too rare and his lack of application and effort...not to mention discipline....made him a liability and a waste of a shirt in eight out of ten games.

We all love a maverick and a character,myself included, because they are too rare in life and that is why he is still loved by many here,but that will only get you so far. He left us with some mad memories and a few great goals but the bad far outweighed the good so he had to go.There is only so long you can wait for potential to be realised and his sell by date is long gone on that one now.

People can hark on all they like about his pass for the Aguero goal but his many crap performances and sendings off that season almost meant there wasn't an Aguero moment to be had. Actually his sending off in the loss to Arsenal helped us get into a position to win the title as we went on a great run without him,a situation forced onto Mancini who would probably have continued picking him if he had the choice.

It is sad to see his decline but if a person won't help himself and heed advice there isn't a great deal you can do but let them go and move on,which is what all his clubs have done.

I don't know where he goes from here. Who is going to pay money on a fee and wages for him now? He is at best an impact sub and his value at even that is rapidly diminishing.

balotelli.jpg

Whats not to love?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.