Right back - need one.

CM(De Jong) - Check
LCM(Silva) - Check
RCM(Yaya) - Check

ST(Tevez) - Check
ST(Balotelli) - Check
ST - Need another.
a right back and a striker away.....hahahha lool

its not just the players that we have its how they play, we have very talented players, probably the best we have had for years but we dont have the system (not blaming the manager)
its how to move the ball quickly and move to recieve again straight away and more importantly its players movement off the ball
last night xavi made 117 passes of which 110 were completed thats incredible

an earlier post said that barca wouldnt do that in the premier league but i disagree, look what they did to arsenal last year and they are the best team in england at pass and move.

its just sublime football and they are a pleasure to watch, a club system which all teams in their academy set up must learn to play at an early age

they may not win everything but they are the best in the world

Bigga said:
hertsblue said:
1 of Barcelona's goals last night was at the end of a 25 pass move, which rightly, they commentators were wanking over.

1 of our goals v Fulham was at the end of a 24 pass move. Brief mention by commentators, when on top 10 goals of the week, they only showed the last pass a whilst many of our posters find us 'boring'nd finish

Actually, these are points I wanted to raise last night (but I ended going to poker, which I won, but I digress...).

We've, recently, been playing in such a way where we've been trying to control possession and search for an opening. Barca went back and forth between the mid and defence, last night, in a similar way to we have, in recent games, yet they are applauded on here whilst our own 'fans' find us 'boring' and are 'not paying money to watch that'.

I cannot work you people out.
I didn't really look at the OP as a question about the playing side of things, I looked at it more as 'how far are we from being as big as Barca'. If its Barca we are gauging things off regarding the playing side, i'm not sure why as it should surely be gauged on the current European Champions. On our day we could beat anyone, which is why I say it should be gauged on the CL winners of the last season. We could also get beat off anyone though so its pointless really debating on how far/close we are to one particular club, unless of course the question is asking how far away we are from being as big as any particular club and right now, as it stands, we are light years away from being as big as Barca and more than likely never will be as big. Thats how I saw the OP, not just about the playing side of things.

gooney said:
SambaStyle said:
Keeper(Hart) - Check

Left back(Kolarov) - Check
Centre backs (Boateng,Kompany) - Check
Right back - need one.

CM(De Jong) - Check
LCM(Silva) - Check
RCM(Yaya) - Check

ST(Tevez) - Check
ST(Balotelli) - Check
ST - Need another.
a right back and a striker away.....hahahha lool
seriously why don`t you just fuck off ,you started off on here quite reasonable but now your just on a constant wind up
You`ve no interest in City and we sure as fuck have no interest in your opinions so do one you prick

no way near. The fadct that you can compare yaya and de jong to xavi and iniesta is beyond me.

Pedro Messi and Villa and miles ahead of our front three aswell.

SambaStyle said:
Keeper(Hart) - Check

Left back(Kolarov) - Check
Centre backs (Boateng,Kompany) - Check
Right back - need one.

CM(De Jong) - Check
LCM(Silva) - Check
RCM(Yaya) - Check

ST(Tevez) - Check
ST(Balotelli) - Check
ST - Need another.

delusionsdemotivationalposter.jpg

Although Barca have some genuine world class players (IMO Xavi has been the best footballer in the world for the last three years), they are far greater than the sum of their parts. The intelligence, technique and fitness of the players, as well as the telepathic understanding between teamates on the pitch, puts them head and shoulders above any team in the world.

If we became half as good as Barcelona, we will be the best team this country has ever produced. We are miles awa from being the best this country has ever produced, never mind any comparisons with Barca.<br /><br />-- Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:00 am --<br /><br />
wrighty1234 said:
no way near. The fadct that you can compare yaya and de jong to xavi and iniesta is beyond me.

Pedro Messi and Villa and miles ahead of our front three aswell.

Messi and Villa are two of the best players in the world and walk into our team. However, I would have any of our front three ahead of Pedro.

In terms if how they played last night, we are 7-8 years off.

In terms of bringing through half a squad good enough to be the best team in the world who are Mancunians, we are 25 years off.

In terms of size of club, we are 30-40 years off building that stature.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.