How fast is your broadband

Mayor West said:
talkativesprout said:
Mayor West said:
Ok got virgin broadband installed today, sky was 3.19mb/s, now it is 26.72mb/s!!! Well pleased! Blu ray movie downloaded in 12 minutes!

what method of download and how big is the movie file size?

I call bollox on this one, sorry MR Mayor

Erm torrent if thats what you mean? 1.6gb file size, at points it was downloading at 1.2mb/s!

2208535950.png

Just this minute :)

VM must have improved their performance because we used to 8/9Mbps

talkativesprout said:
Mayor West said:
talkativesprout said:
A 1.6gb bluray? do you just watch the credits?

no? all the blu ray rips i download are probably between 1.5 and 2.5 gb, pretty standard size for a blu ray?

blu ray rip mate is not a bluray movie

Fair enough, i don't understand then. Either way i get damn decent picture quality in damn decent time! that's all im bothered about!

What's the difference then?

Mayor West said:
talkativesprout said:
Mayor West said:
no? all the blu ray rips i download are probably between 1.5 and 2.5 gb, pretty standard size for a blu ray?

blu ray rip mate is not a bluray movie

Fair enough, i don't understand then. Either way i get damn decent picture quality in damn decent time! that's all im bothered about!

What's the difference then?
about 600 pixels lol.

its an bluray compressed mate, hd but not full.

TS is correct, the minimum you want mkv + AC3 (dts if possible).

In the container (.mkv) you want the video to be "AVC" (advanced video codec) and the audio to be one of those mentioned above.

They should have a high bitrate also, never less than 4500kbps.

You are getting them possibly in xvid or other standards not really accepted as good enough for HD.
If your not a quality freak then stick with them but if i were you i would get the scene rips by groups like -SiNNERS and -AMIABLE, -CBGB etc etc.
Beyond them get the top quality p2p internals from groups like -ctrlhd and -DON -HDChina (-HDC).
The p2p internals follow no ruleset so can have the best spec possible where as scene does the same but alters a couple of settings for best compatibility for players.

This tool gives you good info on your media files.

<a class="postlink" href="http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en/Download/Windows" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en/Download/Windows</a>

Rule of thumb::

1:30m play time should be 4.4GB or so, 2H = 5.4GB for 720p.
A film like LOTR extended edition in 720p for example is about 10GB

TCIB said:
TS is correct, the minimum you want mkv + AC3 (dts if possible).

In the container (.mkv) you want the video to be "AVC" (advanced video codec) and the audio to be one of those mentioned above.

They should have a high bitrate also, never less than 4500kbps.

You are getting them possibly in xvid or other standards not really accepted as good enough for HD.
If your not a quality freak then stick with them but if i were you i would get the scene rips by groups like -SiNNERS and -AMIABLE, -CBGB etc etc.
Beyond them get the top quality p2p internals from groups like -ctrlhd and -DON -HDChina (-HDC).
The p2p internals follow no ruleset so can have the best spec possible where as scene does the same but alters a couple of settings for best compatibility for players.

This tool gives you good info on your media files.

<a class="postlink" href="http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en/Download/Windows" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en/Download/Windows</a>

Rule of thumb::

1:30m play time should be 4.4GB or so, 2H = 5.4GB for 720p.
A film like LOTR extended edition in 720p for example is about 10GB

Bet he understands my explanation better than your's. :)

Hamann Pineapple said:
talkativesprout said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
2209982963.png

This is pretty rubbish isn't it condidering I pay Virgin £80+ a month ?

that is horrendous mate, something deffo wrong with your line. Is it fibre optic?

Yes, although I am downloading at the moment, would that affect the test ?

yes and a lot too. what is your package speed supposed to be?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.