How fast is your broadband

[bigimg]http://www.speedtest.net/result/2210235252.png[/bigimg]

Happy with that, I think.

talkativesprout said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
talkativesprout said:
that is horrendous mate, something deffo wrong with your line. Is it fibre optic?

Yes, although I am downloading at the moment, would that affect the test ?

yes and a lot too. what is your package speed supposed to be?

Right it's gone up a bit now I've stopped downloading but not by much. I'm on the Virgin Media L broadband package. Don't know what the speed is.

2210398875.png

The question is:
I get a steady 10 meg down 1 meg up with sky.
Would a 40 meg fibre connection make a noticeable difference?
Gaming, downloading, listening and watching can all be on the go at the
same time.

Hamann Pineapple said:
talkativesprout said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
Yes, although I am downloading at the moment, would that affect the test ?

Right it's gone up a bit now I've stopped downloading but not by much. I'm on the Virgin Media L broadband package. Don't know what the speed is.

2210398875.png

deffo summat wrong mate, get onto them asap. someone on your road could of cloned your mac and getting all your speed

talkativesprout said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
talkativesprout said:

2210398875.png

deffo summat wrong mate, get onto them asap. someone on your road could of cloned your mac and getting all your speed

Cheers I've emailed them. I don't know if this affects it but I have a 2 way splitter between my PC and a 2nd Virgin box for the TV

NiceN Sleazy said:
The question is:
I get a steady 10 meg down 1 meg up with sky.
Would a 40 meg fibre connection make a noticeable difference?
Gaming, downloading, listening and watching can all be on the go at the
same time.

in short yes, provided your not with talk talk and have the old white router. It is shit and is a standard internet router with a firmware upgrade, trouble is it falls over when running F.O.<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:19 pm --<br /><br />
Hamann Pineapple said:
talkativesprout said:
Hamann Pineapple said:

2210398875.png

Cheers I've emailed them. I don't know if this affects it but I have a 2 way splitter between my PC and a 2nd Virgin box for the TV

Lots of things can affect it mate, multiple ports and all that gubbins. connect pc to internet at the prime (entry) socket use ethernet cable and do a speed test. btw i used speedtest.net speed checker today and it gave me a dl speed of 5 meg even though im getting 37 averagte, try another speed tester first

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.