How fast is your broadband

2281151161.png

tueartsboots said:
bluetonium said:
tueartsboots said:
What do you mean? Exchange is enabled? Do you have a new Street cabinet (green box with "BT Fibre optic is here" written on it) in your area? If so, you can get Infinity. Engineer enables your copper phone cable to accept the fibre optic download/upload speeds. He/she changes your main phone point from ADSL to VDSL enabling fibre hub to talk to Super Hub 3 and give fibre optic speeds.
The exchange (Mercury) is listed as enabled for infinity on BT's website, but when I use their infinity checker on the BT website it says I can't get it yet. There is a box at the and of our road, it's green but I can't say I've paid much more attention to it that that. Usually has dog pee tickling from one corner though, probably the same lot who let their dog defecate in front of our house and never clean it up, even though both we and next door have toddlers playing about. Anyway... Apparently we may be connected directly to the exchange, or this specific cabinet is not yet enabled.

<a class="postlink" href="http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13922/~/bt-infinity-has-reached-my-area,-but-the-availability-checker-says-i-can%27t-get" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/deta ... an%27t-get</a>
Hmmm, that's something we're not told about ! Do you have BT Total BB?

I'm with BE Broadband currently. Though as BE seem to be messing around over fibre optics I can see me moving after Christmas. It's not so much that I desperately need the speed, it just that for a few quid more a month I can get at least double the speed, and as I imagine BE won't be dropping prices any time soon may as well look at infinity.

doots said:
New 'Super Hub' installed yesterday from Virgin Media.
Range is absolute tosh.
Anyone else got one of these and having trouble?

you can log into the superhub and try changing the wireless channels. if you look on the back of the hub there is a sticker with your ssid and a web address for you to enter with your p/w and username.

there is known software issues with the superhub at the moment where you can register for a frimware update to r37. you will need to register on the virgin media forum though.

andy_aston said:
doots said:
Range is absolute tosh.

you can log into the superhub and try changing the wireless channels. if you look on the back of the hub there is a sticker with your ssid and a web address for you to enter with your p/w and username.

there is known software issues with the superhub at the moment where you can register for a frimware update to r37. you will need to register on the virgin media forum though.
Cheers,have changed channels but still pisspoor so going to put the old D-Link back on until the updates out.

andy_aston said:
doots said:
Range is absolute tosh.

Mine was crap at first. I moved the hub away from the tv and changed the channel so not sure which did the trick. Remember though if you need to move it, the signal comes out of the front face of the hub, and the higher up the better.

Not brilliant but it does the job. No issues playing games online and Netflix streams in HD just fine.

Upload speed is atrocious though.

its better than its ever been too.

Any help in getting a faster connection? its next to the phone socket with only a telephone near it.

----

Wait a minute, why am i 200 miles from an exchange and everyone else is 50 at the most. Im useless with stuff like this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.