How good was Spanish Dave?

He sees things that no one else can see but he can mix it up, elegant & tough. The best way to see how good he is, don’t play him & wonder what the problem was.

One of those who would fit in to any team in any era. One of the greatest to ever do it imo. A joy to watch and comfortably the best ive ever seen in a city shirt. You know a player is good when opposition players regularly name him as one of the best they have played against

The epitome of a legend and i still miss seeing him play for us.

We should have a Bluemoon poll of the best ever city players and see where he ends up. That will give us the answer…
He'd be joint top with Dave Ewing!

But seriously, what accolades would have been written, how many newly discovered stars in the firmament would have been named after him, how many halls of fame would have been opened, David Silva museums built, art galleries established, had he just played for any other team clad in scarlet.

Just watching the 1-6 and he is caressing the thing like a pigs bladder
sublime is say sublime

#whiskey

Despite all the good stuff that had already happened by that point, that volleyed assist was the moment when for me it actually sunk in properly that we were now a world class club that could attract the best players in the world.

I've always thought him and Modric had similar careers. Both came over to England viewed a little lightweight and put out wide in good teams as creative players, but without great pace.

Modric moved to Real and played centre mid, dictating play and creating from deep. David did the same for us, turning us from a good side to a great side.

While David won loads domestically and with Spain, despite tons of caps and goals he was often overlooked due to the Real/Barca players. Modric won the Champions League and was a main man for Croatia in a World Cup, which earned him a Balon D'Or.

David always was the better player in my eyes - not by much - but Modric benefitted individually from playing for Real.

by far the best city player to pull on the blue shirt
Am sorry but you are wrong..yes David was wonderful, but The King was better..in defence, and goals, not in assists but a more rounded player.. will never see the like in my lifetime..cropped in his prime by a rag..love that man.. can not think of a midfielder who had all the skills he had..if there was one player who Pep would play from that era it would be The King for sure. He was the best .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.