How good were Pink Floyd?

Aphex said:
All this malarkey about them bring poor musicians made me decide to put Saucerful and Atom Heart on last night when I got in. Even in that experimental stage of their career, the soul is there.. never understand lauded technical ability over soul. Very strange opinion and almost anti music.

Hey I like McBusted - what do I know !? :)

tonea2003 said:
Ascetic said:
moggymoz said:
RUSH, beats all 3 hands down...

Love both bands, but the Ayn Rand inspired songs by Rush are defo embarrassing for all involved.

have to disagree, 2112 is a masterpiece, certainly musically

i will concede pearts choice of champion in rand could be seen a faux pas but i'm sure there was no malice in what he was trying to achieve

Agree on both counts. I think Peart has turned away from it as well. Excellent drummer but terrible lyricist. And I'm probably understating both things.

BlueBearBoots said:
Aphex said:
All this malarkey about them bring poor musicians made me decide to put Saucerful and Atom Heart on last night when I got in. Even in that experimental stage of their career, the soul is there.. never understand lauded technical ability over soul. Very strange opinion and almost anti music.

Hey I like McBusted - what do I know !? :)

Who the hell are McBusted?!

Ascetic said:
tonea2003 said:
Ascetic said:
Love both bands, but the Ayn Rand inspired songs by Rush are defo embarrassing for all involved.

i will concede pearts choice of champion in rand could be seen a faux pas but i'm sure there was no malice in what he was trying to achieve

Agree on both counts. I think Peart has turned away from it as well. Excellent drummer but terrible lyricist. And I'm probably understating both things.

some of his lyrics can be convoluted
but freewill,limelight,subdivisions,ghost of a chance,workin' them angels etc are pretty damm good

moggymoz said:
everythingchangesbutblue said:
Better than the Who but not as good as Led Zeppelin.

Its all about opinions mate but A Farewell to Kings is very high on my list of favourite albums (as are some of Floyds)

If were talking about this progressive genre though King Crimson, early Genesis and Yes top my list with some of the German, Italian & Swedish bands coming very close behind

nimrod said:
moggymoz said:
everythingchangesbutblue said:
Better than the Who but not as good as Led Zeppelin.

Its all about opinions mate but A Farewell to Kings is very high on my list of favourite albums (as are some of Floyds)

If were talking about this progressive genre though King Crimson, early Genesis and Yes top my list with some of the German, Italian & Swedish bands coming very close behind

I agree A farewell to Kings is probably my favourite Rush album, Meddle is my favourite Floyd album and The Snow Goose my favourite Camel album. As you say it's all about opinions and different tastes in music.

Ascetic said:
tonea2003 said:
Ascetic said:

Peart a terrible lyricist! Can't agree with that but I do agree that he is an awesome drummer; definitely better than Nick Mason.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.