How important is football in your life?

Irony is you’re more successful then ever now you don’t believe the game to be honest!

I'm talking about the game on general and the changes in football the Champions League nonsense, FFP, VAR,and the endless virtue signalling the cost and the way that the game is run for supporters not there but watching on tv.

I used to love nothing more than watching football. Especially down at City or Lincoln.

Over the last few years I reconnected with my families home team Lincoln when my grandad wasn’t well and they have been riding the crest of a wave since 2016 and it’s been exciting. The travel, expense and time is something I’m not willing to put in over other priorities anymore and it no longer ruins my day to the extent it used to when one of them loses. I go to the odd City game to keep the appetite for it, and a few Lincoln games as a family gathering more than most things.

Same for me. I like to think I'm a nice guy with decent morals, but regret how I behave sometimes at a game, once I've calmed down later. Usually just shouting at referees, and getting on opposition players backs, I feel every tackle when City are playing.

Probably used to be a bigger part in my life than it is now. Studied a degree which took up a lot of time, got a new Mrs that I actually like spending time with, so I even go as far as missing the odd televised away game these days to spend time with her. I'd have never done that in the past.

A new Mrs you like to spend time with? You know the rules

Very important. I love my local teams more just because I am very proud of the local sports scene. But City is right there up at the top of the list of my passions.

Important on a city level and I watch other leagues with some interest.

But summer is festival and ashes season, plenty to keep you occupied, got the ashes at Real OT in late summer, Doncaster races in July.

Pre season will start july too so really we only have june with no city

It's really not the be all and end all like it was in my teens; I was at every home game and a couple of aways every season for about 8 years and much of the rest of my time was spent playing with football with mates. Now in my late 40s I see maybe one or two home City games, and two or three away City games per season, and I'll watch city fairly often on TV if I'm free. Occasionally I'll go and watch my local non-league side play too. But I'm not going to lose sleep over missing a lower importance televised City game if, for example my daughter wants me to watch her doing a play at Brownies / school, or if I'm away with work.

If City win I'm happy, but if we lose I'll be over it pretty quickly. I don't get that descending cloud of darkness that used to hang around for a couple of days, (and clearly still does for some).

Life takes on different priorities sometimes, I'm fine with that. Daughter, wife, job (which I love) all now come before football and / or City and I make no apology for that.

It's held my interest for over 40yrs so it's doing something right,it's seen off 2 husbands along the way so that's been a bonus lol

It's held my interest for over 40yrs so it's doing something right,it's seen off 2 husbands along the way so that's been a bonus lol

I am your last husband Kaz - as soon as this one goes tits up I will be in Brighton quicker than you can imagine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.