How important to you is it Sergio gets the record?

Not important at all really.

If he does it this season I'll be delighted, because he'll have scored 11 in 4 games!

If he leaves without doing it, then I don't think it diminishes his contribution or legacy at all.. 167 goals in 250 appearances will always be seen as phenomenal and he'll leave as a legend, whenever that is.

If he stays then he will do it, and that'll be great too, but if he does stay and doesn't get past that mark, then I may well be devastated.

Gabby J will smash all records anyway, so it's something of a moot point really.

-)

Last edited:
not really, if he'd delivered to his potential this season he'd have both the record and a team trophy to boot.

Individual achievements are nice complements to team success, not replacements.

Very, he's given me the single best moment of my City supporting life. He's kept his head down, never caused any trouble despite being courted by Europes 'elite' and I'd love to see him do it!

This quote is exactly how I feel - couldn't have written it better.

It will only be in future years when we truly appreciate how good Sergio is/was

Couldn't give a f**k, thanks for all the goals, and all the effort, and especially 93:20, but I've supported City long enough, that I know that the worst and best come and go, and the only constant is City.

I long since gave up on hero worship of footballers who are just the employees of the day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.