How important to you is it Sergio gets the record?

I think differently. Growing up falling in love with the game there were always players who you hero worshipped. Obviously as you get older it's not quite hero worshipping anymore but there's still one or two capable of taking you back who put that smile on your face and pull at your emotions. Yes, they eventually move on and City remain the only constant but I find it hard to understand the point of following football if there aren't individuals who can make you feel like a kid again - even if it's for only 90 minutes a week.
I really like players like Sergio and silva but for some reason it's the defensive players who still get me emotionally. I will be much sadder when Zab and Vinnie leave than when Sergio does.

I think i would be gutted if he went before the record. He deserves to beat it, been 100% city throughout his 6 years here and never caused trouble. Also because whenever you speak to rival fans they envy the fact we have him and he just seems to love the club as he seems gutted when asked about leaving etc.

It would be absolutely fantastic for him to achieve it now he is so close,and even more magical that we have witnessed it as well,our era ffs,things like this don't come around that often,there are some fucking nuggets on here saying differently,I mean seriously you say it isn't important ? Talk about not backing one of our own,shameful that,fucking shameful.

The best striker this club has ever seen

I really like players like Sergio and silva but for some reason it's the defensive players who still get me emotionally. I will be much sadder when Zab and Vinnie leave than when Sergio does.
Sergio, Zabba, Kompany and Silva will all pull at the heartstrings for me when they call it a day. I've accepted that it's time for Zabba to go but still holding out hope that the other three will be around for a couple of more seasons.

Call me a sentimental, middle-aged fool, but I'd be devastated if he left without breaking our scoring record; however,I know to others, such records are meaningless.

How pissed-off would you be if he was sold before he got the record?

You're a sentimental, middle-aged fool, G, but I hope yer don't get pissed off and become a pissed off, sentimental, middle-aged fool. I, too, would like Sergio to stay way beyond the record and make it even more difficult for the Gabriel Jesus to break it! He would not only have the record but one of the goals won us the title! Next player up would have a couple of Everests to climb. Summat to look forward to when I'm in my seventieth supporting decade.

I wonder if/when he does break our goal scoring record it's spread all over the BBC as Rooney's was?

Sergio, Zabba, Kompany and Silva will all pull at the heartstrings for me when they call it a day. I've accepted that it's time for Zabba to go but still holding out hope that the other three will be around for a couple of more seasons.

Kompany for me. When he leaves I will be devastated.
I hope Kun breaks the record though, however, i cant help but think he may have played his last game for us.
If anyone offers 50/60m i think he'll be off as Pep wants a taller second striker. We have no height up top.

Call me a sentimental, middle-aged fool, but I'd be devastated if he left without breaking our scoring record; however,I know to others, such records are meaningless.

How pissed-off would you be if he was sold before he got the record?

Meaningless. Love him to break it but if he doesn't I will have forgotten about it before I've gotten to the end of the press release announcing his sale.

Meaningless. Love him to break it but if he doesn't I will have forgotten about it before I've gotten to the end of the press release announcing his sale.

Bloody hell,that is shocking,it really is,just read back to yourself what you have just wrote,how could you forget about him,I mean ever ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.