How long have you been a City fan?

since 1966 dad took me to O** tr****d when i was about 7 to watch my first big match...got home and uncle was in a rage when told that my dad had taken me to see Utd,next week my uncle took me to maine road to watch my first city match and then i knew that i had found my first true love and we have been together ever since thru thick and thin!
thanks Malc (rip)

for as long as i can remember.
started going city with my dad.aged five/six untill around aged nine when he left and fucked of with some other fucking woman.was gutted cause at the age of eight/nine i really started to enjoy and realise what it was all about.then my mums brother took me to the swamp to try and cheer me up and try and convert me but i just sat there in silence.then the following season my mums best friend got a new boyfriend who was a season ticket holder in the kippax so all my birthdays came at once the day he asked me would i like to come to a game with him.so off i went with the biggest smile on my face never looked back. thanks to my mums friends boyfriend STEVE.THANKS MATE.

ctidcarl said:
1976..... I was 7 years old and just getting into football.

City had just won the League Cup......... man, I jumped on that bandwagon!!!!

(or you can blame my jinx like support for the following 35 years and won fook all........ but, its been the best rollercoaster!!)

...could have written this myself, word for word. We're the original glory hunters!! The things is I actually chose to be a City fan, and put myself through plenty of misery in the process. Surely things will change soon... won't they!!?

Since 1959 when was I was 5!! I used to stand on a fold up wooden stool (snigger) at the wall and to the right of the goals in the Platt Lane stand. No seating in them days, only in the main stand!! 52 years all in all. Seen some shit and seen some wonderous stuff. Believe me ... these are the good times we're going through at the moment. Enjoy them!! And to all those that continually moan about the least little thing ... fookin quit yer moaning and enjoy the ride!!

Early 70's.
Remember paying 40p to get in the Kippax and then bought a Kippax season ticket for £14.00 (if my memory serve me right....)
Colin Bell getting injured.
Big Joe throwing a Derby player into the back of his net,quality.
Invading the pitch at Maine rd after the League cup final,digging up some turf and planting it in the middle of my dads lawn.
Crowd surges
Etc Etc...
Happy teeenage days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.