How long have you been a City fan?

35 years! The spurs game in 76/77 season was my first match, my grandad took me, won 5-0, sat in the corner of platt lane.
And there was me thinking it would be a doddle every week lol!

Thank my Grandad everyday for making sure I was brought up a blue. CTID

1st game was a 3-0 defeat to Oxford United at Maine Road on Mar 1st 1986, but I'd probably been supporting City a couple of years before that so about 27 years !

1965, can't remember my first game though, mind you can't remember what I did yesterday....................

I'm pretty sure I first started calling myself a City fan shortly before relegation in 96, I would've been 10. I still have no good explanation as to why I chose City, but I'm very thankful I did.

I only started becoming seriously keen (checking results regularly, looking out for highlights on Sky News Oz, etc.) towards the end of the 98-99 season.

First game I remember watching on TV was FA Cup loss at home against Leeds in 2000. Started watching games regularly on TV in 2001 - we've only recently started getting telecasts of lower division games in Aus so I wasn't able to see City when we weren't in the top flight, except for that one cup tie.

Saved up for a long time and finally made it to the UK to watch City last year - first the Carling Cup loss at the swamp, then the home league win against Bolton. Loved it that much I've already been back this year for Arsenal away and Wolves at home, and will do my best to get back if we make the FA Cup final.

Those of you who who are able to watch City every week I hope you realise how lucky you are, and how jealous I am of you!

Couple of years now, ever since them Arab blokes put the money in. However, if we don't win something soon I'm fucking off back to United......or Chelsea, I'll have to see how the Prem Lge and CL work out.

My first game was 1990 - 6th October vs Coventry - Quinn;Harper socred the goals.......I was aged 6.

CTID

12 seasons as an active fan and about 15 years in total. i.e. Watching on the tv, following the score as best I can.

Been a blue since first games in 1970 season, born in '65. My uncle[ a geordie who worked his way down here tarmacking m/ways!] used to take me, we rarely paid for me to get in the Maine Stand, he had a season ticket n I would squeeze thru the turnstile, it wasn't a big deal back then. I have even sat on a bench with the ball boys at pitchside, dont get much closer than that to the action! Got my first season ticket around 1976, North Stand. As I got older moved onto Kippax and all the fun that went with it! Started full time work in 1981, involved working Saturdays, so only went to limited games, it's been that way since.I don't care what anyone says, they were and still are happy days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.