How long have you been a City fan?

September 1989.

I was never really into football before then but my dad and older brother were trying to coerce me over to the dark side.

When I seen how pissed off they were that day I knew City were the team for me.

Pity it took 13 years for that feeling again though. ;-)

gordondaviesmoustache said:
ctidcarl said:
1976..... I was 7 years old and just getting into football.

City had just won the League Cup......... man, I jumped on that bandwagon!!!!

(or you can blame my jinx like support for the following 35 years and won fook all........ but, its been the best rollercoaster!!)

This. Exactly. Word for word (except I was 6!).

Welcome to "our" world, eh??!!!

My first City recollection is seeing the "highlights" of us losing 3-1 at Liverpool on the first day of the 1989 season. My first game was later that season, the day before my 6th birthday - 0-0 vs Millwall FA Cup 3rd Round, terrible game!

Niall Quinn signed shortly afterwards, scored a few goals and thus became my all time favourite City player

Born 1963
First City match I remember seeing was 1969 Cup Final on the tele...dad said I was too young to go :( Started going to Maine Road the following year for a few games and was a Kippax regular and season ticket holder by 1976/77.
Watched City at Wembley in 1974, missed 1976 through illness and saw em again in 1981 and 1999.
Looking forward to many more wembley visits with my own lad who is now 18 and a Season Ticket holder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.