How long have you been a City fan?

Always been a blue .... my dad took me and my brother from the early seventies and I've been going regularly ever since. Pleased to say I have followed the tradition and am now indoctrinating my own kids - which I'm pleased to report is working just fine.

First went with my Dad in 1954. He was a red but my Ma's side of the family were all Gorton blues. Been a blue ever since. As a teenager 'hitched' all over the country to watch them. Still go whenever I can but now retired and living in Wales. I remember paying 1 shilling and 3 pence (todays equivalent = 7½p, junior price, to get in to what was then the scoreboard end at Maine Rd. Now costs me over £100 for 2 tickets and travel, parking etc whenever I come to a game. How times have changed.<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:07 am --<br /><br />First went with my Dad in 1954. He was a red but my Ma's side of the family were all Gorton blues. Been a blue ever since. As a teenager 'hitched' all over the country to watch them. Still go whenever I can but now retired and living in Wales. I remember paying 1 shilling and 3 pence (todays equivalent = 7½p, junior price, to get in to what was then the scoreboard end at Maine Rd. Now costs me over £100 for 2 tickets and travel, parking etc whenever I come to a game. How times have changed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.