How Long It Will Take Us to Win a Major Trophy?

DontLookBackInAnger said:
To be honest after this past season, I'm not hopeful anytime soon.

i think its a good possiblity that we may win one in the next 20 years

We have won 2 on the road all season. Knocked out of both cup competitions by Brighton and Notts Forest. Why in the hell would anyone say we're going to win something next season. Be realistic.

PJMCC1UK said:
We're capable next season in my view. Cup comps offer most teams a good chance. Look at Burnleys run. We're far better than them so why not us.

I can see a better cup run next season anyway. Not hard to beat this years domestic feats.

As long as we can hold off the big teams - FOREST - :(

Lets not be to optomistic

As you said with Hughes, then about 50 years give or take £200m to £300m in transfer fees

A domestic cup is achievable next year, just look at Spurs and Portsmouth.

As for the Premier League, i reckon 3 or 4 years minium. Its not just about assembling great players, as we all know, and having sound tactics, but also the players need to really know each others play inside out. Thats what i think today anyway.

I reckon with our choice of any manager in the world brought in on 1st June, and a glittering array of signings it would still be highly unlikely that we'd win the premier league next year, in fact i doubt we'd even break into the top 4 next year. It's that tough.

Wish I could be more optimistic, but I rather think it could be quite some time before we lift a big trophy. Apart from 'luck' playing a part, I can't see the present squad being able to deliver meaningful silverware. Even Arsenal haven't won anything for the last four years.

We've been under-achievers for so long, that it will take some considerable time for things to change. Probably needs a world-class manager with world-class contacts to go with ADUG's world-class vision.

Not long now, might get to a couple of finals first before we win but soon, a lot has to do with draws you get, Millwall did it without drawing a prem team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.