How (long) will Ten Hag last at United? / Save Poundland Pep Part 2

Cycling fan here.

Dave Brailsford is legit. He’s kind of the Pep of pro cycling - accepts nothing less than perfection and built a winning machine from scratch at UK Cycling and Team Sky. He’s no mug.

Which is why as I said months ago I can see him walking away from the rags as they’re a rag tag rabble.
I think the Rags brought him in to inject what he delivered at Sky but, as you say, the Rags are a different kettle of fish, much less fresh than what he found at Sky!

Cycling fan here.

Dave Brailsford is legit. He’s kind of the Pep of pro cycling - accepts nothing less than perfection and built a winning machine from scratch at UK Cycling and Team Sky. He’s no mug.

Which is why as I said months ago I can see him walking away from the rags as they’re a rag tag rabble.
I heard Glendenning ripping into Team Sky on the Guardian podcast last week. Claiming their record in the classics is (was?) pretty poor. Not a big follower of the sport, so I'm not in a position to agree/disagree.

I heard Glendenning ripping into Team Sky on the Guardian podcast last week. Claiming their record in the classics is (was?) pretty poor. Not a big follower of the sport, so I'm not in a position to agree/disagree.

They were a machine built to win grand tours and they had a massive period of success in doing that. In terms of stature the classics are kind of like the FA Cup of cycling. Really important and historic but really just for the old school purists. The Tour de France is like the champions league.

Sky / Ineos have really struggled to replace Chris Froome.

They were a machine built to win grand tours and they had a massive period of success in doing that. In terms of stature the classics are kind of like the FA Cup of cycling. Really important and historic but really just for the old school purists. The Tour de France is like the champions league.

Sky / Ineos have really struggled to replace Chris Froome.
I'll take your word for it. As already said, I'm not a huge follower of the sport. But I'm aware that there does seem to be some sort of mythical aura surrounding those spring classics. Glendenning certainly seems to hold that opinion. But listening to his clear agenda against City, I wouldn't trust anything he says as being gospel.

I'll take your word for it. As already said, I'm not a huge follower of the sport. But I'm aware that there does seem to be some sort of mythical aura surrounding those spring classics. Glendenning certainly seems to hold that opinion. But listening to his clear agenda against City, I wouldn't trust anything he says as being gospel.

There is. They’re for the old school traditionalists / connoisseurs but outside of the old school die hard fans nobody’s really arsed. Hence the nearest comparison is the FA Cup - traditional prestige but has been overtaken by the big competitions that get more exposure and cash thrown at them.

Cycling fan here.

Yep. I’ve seen this a few times in my working career. Some people are bought in with an impressive CV and seemingly with a mandate to change things. They spend 6 months at the new place, experience the intertia and intransigence and fuck off somewhere else.

Rather than being "sacked." His agent is currently talking to Ajax to go there.

I can see the narrative being concocted. Rags announce he's going just before the cup final in the hope it fires up the players to win the cup for him.
Worked for "Der Dental Meister" at LFC ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.