How (long) will Ten Hag last at United? / Save Poundland Pep Part 2

They won't sack him yet. It makes no sense with a few games left.

I think they'll wait to see if he gets a good job offer in the summer and he can leave by mutual consent and they'll avoid a pay off. If not, then he'll get the boot. They won't jump the gun just incase him going elsewhere is an option.
If the thick fucker plays his cards right he’ll keep his job offers to himself. Get his pay off and then walk straight into a new job

Can't see them sacking him, I think he leaves when his contract is up next summer. United need yet another full blown rebuild, they'll start operation "copy city" in the summer without ten hags involvement and just leave him to deal with what they have for another year.

There's no top manager available that would want the job and they'll have nothing but shit to work with anyway. No point paying out to get rid of ten hag now when it isn't going to get any better within 12 months.

The United of the last decade would get rid of him this summer, sadly, I suspect the ex city staff they've employed will have a bit more of a longer term view and make thr more sensible decision.

Which club, in its right mind, would employ ten Bob, after the two disastrous seasons the rags have had with him at the helm?
Most reasonable smart, well-informed, knowledgeable club boardroom echehlons can see what a vile, dysfunctional, comical, toxic snake-pit the swamp has become in the last 10-15 years. Therefore , there is comparatively little stigma attached to being a "failed" manager of the Rags.
Moyes, van Gaal, Jose all recovered and progressed to further lucrative and (comparatively) successful appointments in football. Poundland was as successful as could be expected - winning a pot and CL qualification in his first season ; this will have been noted and offers will await him elsewhere. He knows he can sit tight and await his payout, as I'd expect any Dutchman to do.

Meanwhile, the list of candidates - with any significant level of footballing experience and achievement - to replace Poundland appears to be diminishing rapidly. Thus, the next volunteer to be persuaded will have more leverage to demand lucrative ( and less affordable) contract terms for himself, and budget assurances for transfer activity, and after another two/three seasons of mediocrity and Stg400 net spend , walk away from the ensuing wreckage with comparative immunity from blame. Thus , furthermore, continues the self-compounding death-spiral of implosion, decay and despair up to, and then past, a tipping point beyond which recovery is impossible.

Pop-corn, anyone ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.