How long will Ten Hag last at United? / Save Poundland Pep/ Success!

Unlikely they'd win a cup but they did last year and they were shit then too.

Ten Haag has an average squad with too many players of questionable character. He can't do much about the quality of the squad and he cant do much about their personalities but he can imo simplify everything by telling them some home truths and getting them to play one game at a time and for each other. Forget the season's aims, forget their social media, forget their agents and forget their notions of grandure. Nothing is left to win except the next game and the next game after that. No loss is the end of the world.

He should give everyone simple tasks and drop anyone not able to perform those simple tasks. They'd fall down the table but imo they'd be on the up by Feb.

But the media circus that surrounds them won't let that happen and instead of doing absolutely nothing the club will make stupid short term actions and probably at the very worst time. Because stupid is what stupid does. And they are stupid.

He tried that on Sunday, played Evans and Maguire against City of all teams, two or three more dodgy results and he's out the place, which is funny and long may it continue.

They can’t afford to sack him , and in any case when they begin sounding out Eddie Howe , Unai Emery etc etc they,ll find out not many decent managers are interested!!
I really cannot wait for this to unfold!!
I remember Bobby Robson and then Lawrie McMenemy turning them down after they sacked Dave Sexton.
Big fat racist Ron got the job and won a few cups - had them flying one year I recall and won the first 10 games on the bounce - then he got sacked.
gpc took over and then the Dark Ages descended.

They're even worse off now and no doubt some daft fucker will fancy being the one to 'restore' them to their own perceived status.
It's a given as football is first and foremost ego centric to say the least - can't wait to see the next chancer who goes there.
Personally? Southgate.

I remember Bobby Robson and then Lawrie McMenemy turning them down after they sacked Dave Sexton.
Big fat racist Ron got the job and won a few cups - had them flying one year I recall and won the first 10 games on the bounce - then he got sacked.
gpc took over and then the Dark Ages descended.

They're even worse off now and no doubt some daft fucker will fancy being the one to 'restore' them to their own perceived status.
It's a given as football is first and foremost ego centric to say the least - can't wait to see the next chancer who goes there.
Personally? Southgate.
My thoughts, as per another thread, are that they’ll go for their ex youth coach and ‘boyhood fan’ McKenna.

He’s done wonders on no budget (kept same players he inherited) in 2 years at Ipswich.

I would suggest he stays at Ipswich till the end of the season (and at current progress, their promotion to PL), so united will need a caretaker from about Christmas (or before), just to get them through to the end of season.

It would be ‘funny’ if he left promoted Ipswich to join relegated united!

My thoughts, as per another thread, are that they’ll go for their ex youth coach and ‘boyhood fan’ McKenna.

He’s done wonders on no budget (kept same players he inherited) in 2 years at Ipswich.

I would suggest he stays at Ipswich till the end of the season (and at current progress, their promotion to PL), so united will need a caretaker from about Christmas (or before), just to get them through to the end of season.

It would be ‘funny’ if he left promoted Ipswich to join relegated united!

That would be a smart and logical move. He's done an excellent job at Ipswich from where they were. They play good football. He'd take the job because the pay would be absurd and even if he "failed" he's still going to land another decent one.

But when would the rags make a smart and logical move? Their fans wouldn't be happy with it either. They still think they're a big club and should have Ancelotti or Zidane not someone from the Championship. I just can't see it happening.

What's wonderful is that Neville keeps harping on about the Glazers and riles up the rag fans. If he kept his mouth shut they might have a better chance of sorting the mess out. He looks at us and thinks it's simple. Have a strategy from top to bottom, work out how you want to play, recruit the players for it and go out and win things. Simple! We have the best people in the game from top to bottom and that's why it works. Stick our players at the rags and they'd also underperform. The issue is that the manager is clueless, the recruitment is shocking, the board is useless and the facilities are shite.

They'll try and get a big name or the latest flavour of the month and he'll be backed, bring in the names he likes, then they'll also fail to perform and the cycle continues.

They just need to accept they're shite and they'll probably recover more quickly.

When Pep leaves City I'm ready for us to be nowhere near as good as we currently are. It's inevitable and I don't see who can come in and do a job anywhere close to what he's done. But I'll be patient, support the club and see what happens. I won't be clicking my fingers and thinking it's a piece of piss to still be the best team in the country.

They'll try and get a big name or the latest flavour of the month and he'll be backed, bring in the names he likes, then they'll also fail to perform and the cycle continues.
that is their issue though... they don't have the money to back anymore new managers, the golden goose's barrel is almost empty. So the new manager can't be backed. They need investment. Glazers selling shares is not investment - they get the money. Hence why I think they'll end up with someone like Mckenna - someone who is currently managing well without buying anyone ie making do with what was already at Ipswich when he arrived.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.