How long will Ten Hag last at United?

I got a message from my Rag mate, you’ll never guess who he wants in…

No you will genuinely never guess.

It’s Michael Carrick… yes the head coach of a mid table club in the Championship… yes that Michael Carrick.

I am wholeheartedly behind the #SOPP cause but honestly if that’s the alternative I may have to reconsider.

They really never learn, do they?

It’s Michael Carrick… yes the head coach of a mid table club in the Championship… yes that Michael Carrick.

I am wholeheartedly behind the #SOPP cause but honestly if that’s the alternative I may have to reconsider.

Carrick<>Shrek dream ticket.

They really don’t. Has there been a ex-United player who played under the GPC that’s been a real success as a manager? I can’t think of one (and I’m not counting Hughes or Bruce!). Could it be that the GPC was not a good role model as a manager perhaps, with his bullying, manipulation, narcissism, and autocratic ways?

They really don’t. Has there been a ex-United player who played under the GPC that’s been a real success as a manager? I can’t think of one (and I’m not counting Hughes or Bruce!). Could it be that the GPC was not a good role model as a manager perhaps, with his bullying, manipulation, narcissism, and autocratic ways?

I think if I’m being very generous, GPC’s teams were successful in greater part due to their winning mentality and the way he man-managed them rather than for any particularly sophisticated tactical innovations.

I’m not saying he wasn’t good tactically, but he’s not the kind of manager that teaches systems and processes to his players. He just told them to do a job and they did it. This has bred a set of managers that have a lot of experience of winning things but they have no greater technical insight than any other player-turned-manager

The likes of Cruyff and Pep have created so many brilliant coaches because they expect their players to know the whole plan every bit as much as they do. They demand their players understand every position on the pitch and how it all fits together. The reason we can play exactly the same way even when Pep is in hospital is because he puts 11 managers on the pitch every week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.