How many are in the Blue alliance

mcfcinprague said:
strongbowholic said:
There's about 4 of them. There were 5 but the other one left to form the Alliance of the Blues ("splitters!").

Sounds more like Monty Python's Life of Brian

The Judean People's Front" or "The People's Front of Judea!

What did the Sheikh ever do for us?

LOL
Listen, it's every man's (or woman's) democratic right to form a group of men (or women) that follow City and try and improve the atmosphere. He (or she) should be allowed to support the team in any matter he (or she) wishes. It's his' (or her's) right to freedom of expression that must be upheld.

Mention Alliances and what do you have - Politics! and between them and bankers they got us in a fine mess. Lets just support City in our own way.

In answer to the OP; there isn't a number as such. There's about 7000 people on the Facebook page, but you only need to have a look on there to see that a lot of people have no idea who the originating members of it were.

The City Centre Blues branch is associated with The Blue Alliance, and I couldn't tell you an exact number (I should know, being chairman an all) of members but it's round the 100 mark.

There's a lot of misconceptions about who we are, and there's a lot of myths that surround us. I'm not spotty, I'm not a teenager, I'm not reliant on my mum and dad (although I do still at home so I can afford away games + my mums gravy is like no other), I haven't been to Uni for years. I'm 24 (although look about 15 years older), and work. Most of the lads which would be considered to be "Blue Alliance" are between 19-26. I don't think I'm the biggest or best fan in the world - how can I be? I don't even live in Manchester...

Basically, since Garry Cook departed from City, we've gone up the tables as far as "things to hate about Manchester City" go. I think we're a little bit behind Peter Fletcher, but are giving Hugh Ferris a run for his money.

We set out back in 2009 under the name "Blue Alliance" as a platform for other like minded fans to get together. I know some people disagree with having a name as such, but would people prefer it to be called "come on an away day with Liam and Felix and stand at the back and sing"? Thought not.

Unfortunately some people hate the fact that a group of lads are (generally) young and going to City every week, singing for 90 minutes and having a good time. Did I go to York away? No. But I went to Wycombe and Bournemouth away.

And then people blame us for things. Was it our idea to put the away fans in the third tier? No, we don't work for the club. In fact the "Operation One End" threads started on this forum before me and Felix even knew each other. I've stated on many threads before; I stand in 118 and cannot hear the away fans, so whether they're there or not doesn't bother me. Do we start fights with people who don't sing songs? Apparently, but I have no idea when this was supposed to be. Do we sing our own songs and not join in with others? Absolute bollocks; although I personally tend to start a lot of songs, so if a song is being sung amongst a lot of people I will probably save my voice. Is this one big ego trip? No it fucking isn't. Honestly, you ask anyone that's ever met me or Felix and they will more than likely tell you that we're just nice, normal people.

Thanks for your time.

We'll meet again in another two weeks when people feel the need to blame things on us.

@mcfc_TBA

oh and if you're bored, you can always read my blog: <a class="postlink" href="http://mcfctba.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfctba.blogspot.com/</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.