How many City players would get in the Rags team?

ardwickboy said:
........................hart...............
richards............komps........vidic..........evra....
..........................de jong............................
nani....................silva..........................balotelli..
...............tevez...............ronney...................

Subs: Yaya - A. Johnson - Giggs - new striker - new keeper
Balotelli Left midfield ?

Silva in a two man midfield ?

Moo! said:
ardwickboy said:
........................hart...............
richards............komps........vidic..........evra....
..........................de jong............................
nani....................silva..........................balotelli..
...............tevez...............ronney...................

Subs: Yaya - A. Johnson - Giggs - new striker - new keeper
Balotelli Left midfield ?

Silva in a two man midfield ?
Balo is left sided and good cutting in from yhr left, and Silva in front of De Jong in central midfield is great because of his movement and passing.

Going slightly off topic (due to the fact I can't start one yet)....Has anyone seen the All Time Manchester XI on the BBC website?

Colin Bell is the only player to have only played for City that makes it in.

The fact that the complete cretin that is Terry 'insert your own appropriate derogatory comment here' Christian has been involved in the selection tells us all we need to know....good to see your license fee is being used wisely.

Pallister, Irwin, Rooney and the icing on the cake ........Neville???????????

I listened to this and it pissed me off. Think about it the other way round. How many United players would get into the City team? Probably Evra, Vidic and Rooney. However, if i was to do a best of Manchester, it prob would be different.

Hart
Richards
Evra
Vidic
Kompany
Nani
Johnson
Dejong
Silva
tevez
Rooney

bumble said:
Barry would be a cert to get in.
you on a wind up :D

mine would be

VDS

Micah Vidic Kompany Evra
De Jong

Valencia Silva Nani
Tevez Rooney

Subs:
Hart
Ferdinand
Rafael
Scholes
Y Toure
Hernandez
Balotelli

That team would easily win the league

Silva, Nige, Kompany and possibly Tevez. We have a long way to go folks and another shit load of money to spend yet again.

Its a pretty pointless question to ask/answer to be honest. They play a different system to us, and as such have bought/recruited players to use that system. Nani and Valencia would not make our team because we dont play with wingers, hence the comparison is pointless. Yaya Toure, Barry De Jong and the like play in our team because Mancini likes to pack the midfield and try dictate play, the Rags play a purely counter attacking style and as such they can afford to have absolute tosh players like Carrick and Fletcher in the middle.

For what its worth I think our first 11 shits all over theres when playing to the respective sides potential. United have a very effective system that has done well for them, however this does not mean that the players individual qaulity is higher. Yaya Toure is a world class CM and would make their starting 11 without a shadow of a doubt. At the end of the day it all comes down to a teams system and what players are needed for it to work. Lionel Messi for instance may be the best player in the world, but would he necessarily make a Stokes side? Considering how they play? A pointless topic imo...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.