How Many Cup Finals Have City Lost Since Sheikh Mansour bought City?

The community shield is not a cup final FFS!
It’s @ meaningless pre season friendly.

The club gets a cup for it. It goes on the honours board. It forms part of the clubs trophy wins and the clubs history.

Official.(take it up with the club)

1717C29E-67D7-4E64-925D-C0CE7E6C3C24.jpeg

596EF226-9125-431A-8685-CB1683C07D00.jpeg

PS. It’s not a cup, it’s a shield. ;-)

Lost to Wigan 2013 FAC and Chelsea CL 2021.
We have wons 3 x FAC's, 6 x LC's and 1 x CL final since 2011.

So not too bad then. Shame about Wigan and Chelsea. Can live with losing the Community Shield, even though it’s now 3 times on the run.

Is Wednesday 16th classed as a Cup Final on the basis of the chat in here then?

Being totally honest, I will be fucked off if City lose the UEFA Super Cup Final against Seville. It’s a trophy the club hasn’t won yet. It’s not the easiest trophy final to take part in and to get to, via winning the Champions League Cup or the Europa League Cup. It’s quite a nice looking trophy/goblet and will sit nicely alongside the treble trophies.

BBB3C9FA-1A1C-419D-A155-551FABC506FB.jpeg

Last edited:
Being totally honest, I will be fucked off if City lose the UEFA Super Cup Final against Seville. It’s a trophy the club hasn’t won yet. It’s not the easiest trophy final to take part in and to get to, via winning the Champions League Cup or the Europa League Cup. It’s quite a nice looking trophy/goblet and will sit nicely alongside the treble trophies.

View attachment 89219
I'm not arsed.

For me the fact we got knocked out if the league Cup early last year was the difference. We had a really strong run in. The less noise outside the 3 main comps the better.

The Community Shield is a cup final in a literal sense.

But so are the Champions League final and the PL Asia Trophy final. Not all cup finals are created equally. So you have to use some perspective.

I'm not arsed.

For me the fact we got knocked out if the league Cup early last year was the difference. We had a really strong run in. The less noise outside the 3 main comps the better.

The fact that the UEFA Super Cup is one game into the season won’t effect the title race. I might not be thinking that if City get beat by Newcastle. The FIFA Club World Cup finals in December might have a bigger impact on the title race?

Community Shield isn't a cup final.

Anyway, Wigan in 2013 and Chelsea in 2021.

Think that's it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.