How many friends have you got ?

Like others have written on here, you know who your real friends are when things are not going well for you, so on that basis I have 4 friends. One is my brother, two are friends I have known for over 40 years since we were at school together, and one is my partner, but I think I expected that from her anyway.

It would have been 5, but sadly, he passed on a few years ago.

I'm quite happy with the number of real friends I have, but it is a bit saddening in a way that no new 'friends' have entered my life for several decades now. I suppose it's just the way life is.

3 proper mates, my brother and 2 other lads we have known for the best part of 22 years considering we're all in our mid 20s that isn't too bad as I can get annoying after 22 minutes

I also have 2 good mates who I go drinking with, one is sound if not a twat after a beer, the is there to make the numbers up and then about 10 other who sometimes turn up for a pint

So to answer the question

3 good mates

12 who I could ring for a pint

Half a dozen extremely good ones who are largely connected as a group formed through my College days. One of them is not but was known whilst I lived elsewhere. He certainly stuck by me during some tough times and I've done the same for him too. Another handful from that ilk are no longer friends with too many bad moments ensuring a reunion is unlikely. I'm talking genuinely shit behaviour towards myself or one of my own.

There's another 10 or so people I'd consider mates in terms of going out socially, asking for help and advice or whatever. I'll look them up or they'll look me up whenever paths cross. We always usually know what's going on in lives.

One thing I've not really done is make roots where I live now. I've got some drinking buddies in the local pub and I'm friendly with neighbours but that's about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.