How many friends have you got ?

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
if im being honest i would say i have one really best friend- My girlfriend, im comfortable around her and feel like I can be myself and i know she will always be there for me.

Ive got mates, but cant say they would be there for me and tbh I have realised over the years that a lot of my supposed friends arent really my mates. Ive suffered a lot from depression and anxiety issues in the past, so making really good mates and being confident ive found hard. Luckily i do have about 6 mates i can call on for a beer or night out though :)
There's a big difference isn't there

I don't have any friends , i'm my own man , very much an island !

Something in the past made me question what true friends are, and now I make it difficult for anyone to get close. I have a few people around me who I can trust, but 'drinking buddies' are not the kind of people you can always rely on when it comes to it.

Truthfully, as a very close mate.. 3, which I consider to be good. I have around 10 mates who all hang out together, 2 of the 3 are in this group, and then I have my mates at school of which 1 is in this, and there's... well I don't have any clear cut mates bar two or three there but I've been at parties and the like with them. One of my mates, who I was properly friendly with, seems to have become a bit of an arse, hasn't invited to me to stuff, dunno, I don't feel I did anything and as people said in here, you find people come and go.

So yeah, about 3 who I can speak a lot to about, but its quite difficult to pinpoint.

I moved to Australia in '95,leaving behind a great set of mates and living on the other side of the world has obviously changed that.
One of my mates lives on the Isle of Man and we occasionally keep in touch,although it's not the same as it was and another mate Steve posts on here and I went to the home games vs.Spurs and Villa with him and nothing had changed in the preceeding 17 years,only his lad was now an adult.
They get the occasional phone call or e mail,but everyones got their lives and sometimes chatting on the phone for an hours catch up is bottom of every ones priority list.
Since moving to Australia,maybe one or two but as you get older it's harder to invest the time and effort,I'm stand offish as well which doesn't help matters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.