How many games can we realistically afford to lose?

Damocles said:
So five seems to be the right answer statistically.

I read somebody on here the other day asking why every game is a Cup Final if you want to win the league and the answer is pretty much there. The Cardiff result is the type that you look back at at the end of the year and lament.

These type of results have haunted us since the takeover and almost cost us in 11/12 too.

We just can't seem to deal with these workaholic sides who defend for their lives but just do enough to cause panic in our defence when they attack.

Stoke is a huge test bearing in mind we haven't won there for donkeys.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Damocles said:

I read somebody on here the other day asking why every game is a Cup Final if you want to win the league and the answer is pretty much there. The Cardiff result is the type that you look back at at the end of the year and lament.

These type of results have haunted us since the takeover and almost cost us in 11/12 too.

We just can't seem to deal with these workaholic sides who defend for their lives but just do enough to cause panic in our defence when they attack.

Luckily, everyone else has days like this too, such as the Rags going down 1-0 at Carrow Road last season. We just need to ensure that lessons are learned and basic errors aren't repeated.

MadchesterCity said:
Major fuck up so early in the season, what a disappointment.

it may come down to that we must now beat Chelsea and rags home and Away if we continue to drop points to lower calibre teams away from home.

I know it's only second game but gutted with the result

I don't think the bigger clubs are going to be the problem it's these smaller clubs who want it more than we do that are going to trip us up.

Damocles said:

Last season in the cup mate, but hopefully the team as the bottle to cope away from home, yesterday the team just looked lack lusted, till the last extra 6 minutes, some of the passing yesterday was shocking, and a lot of the players didn't look interested. Hopefully they now know they going too, have to put a lot more effort in to win away from home, and be up for the small games too !

One, that one. At least I hope that's the attitude of the players or we have some problems.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:28 am --<br /><br />One, that one. At least I hope that's the attitude of the players or we have some problems.

Damocles said:

Agree completely.

I'd say about 5. We need a good winning streak now if we want to keep up. A few more performances like yesterday before Christmas and we're competing for champions league qualification. Unfortunately I''ve got a bad feeling this season after seeing yet another lacklustre away performance. If Cardiff try it, so will a whole host of other teams. I hope I'm wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.