How many goals can we score this season? (Current: 154)

Re: How many goals can we score this season? (106 in 35 games)

even stuart pearce couldnt stop this team scoring

california blue said:
these records wont mean jack if we dont win anything btw.

At the very least we are enjoying our football.

Trophies are the be all and end all at the end of the year, but we'll have had a cracking 10 months beforehand giving it a go.

You're right though, it would be a terrible shame to break goal scoring records and win nothing.

Has there ever been a tie for golden boot, or do they go for most assists next after goal scored?

For some reason 154 sticks in my head as the record but don't know why, Busby's Babes 1954. If we progress in the FA cup and CL it's possible. There are 8 less league games than there were then and I presume the top clubs didnt get exemption from the early rounds of the league cup either.which balances out the extra CL group stage games. Would be interesting to see what that record was as a goals per game ratio.

Danish Blue said:
For some reason 154 sticks in my head as the record but don't know why, Busby's Babes 1954. If we progress in the FA cup and CL it's possible. There are 8 less league games than there were then and I presume the top clubs didnt get exemption from the early rounds of the league cup either.which balances out the extra CL group stage games. Would be interesting to see what that record was as a goals per game ratio.

No League cup existed til 1960 mate.

edwrdhor said:
Isn't the modern day record 170 by Barcelona. If this is right we could run them close.

No, it's 190 (it was Barca though)

What people need to remember here is that the two cups we still have much to play of are only going to get harder. Our LC run was very kind to us. Predictions should probably be made on the basis of PL with just a dozen or so cup goals still to come. I'd guess in the 140s, maybe sneak into the 150s.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.